9

"Bye, Bryce

"Bye, Bryce. I'll hit you up a little bit later. Have a good break," I told him before hanging up the phone. Home sweet home. I missed my mom so much and as much a si know it would feel different walking into the house without my dad being here I was excited for Thanksgiving and even more excited for the food I was about to eat in two days. I missed her cooking so badly. I grabbed my bag out of the car and put it over my shoulder before walking up to the front door and knocking on it.

I wonder what Laz is doing right now...

Shit so weird now since he kissed me. Not on my behalf because I've tried to talk to him about why he kissed me which I'm sure I knew why, but I wanted to talk to him. Then him saying I'm his problem like what the fuck did I do?! Now that's about to be on my mind the whole vacation and he won't say why. Why is he so mad at me?

I heard the front door open and saw my mom smiling at me making me smile.

"Hey, ma," I greeted her hugging her tightly as she hugged me back.

"Hey baby I missed you so much! Oh, my baby's home. How is school?" She asked me as I shrugged.

"School is school. My classes aren't really that hard, but I've been working hard regardless. I didn't have any work or anything left because I did that before the break happened so I'm ready to just relax and chill," I told her looking around the house. It feels so weird being here.

"That's good baby. I'm glad that things are moving smoothly for you. You found a boyfriend?" She asked me smirking making me chuckle.

"No ma...well...it's complicated," I told her as she raised an eyebrow.

"Oooo, tell me the tea. Isn't that what yall say? Tea? I'm trying to keep up with the young lingo," she told me jokingly as I smacked my lips.

"Sure ma but... I don't know. There's this guy Bryce that I meant on the first day out there. I was sitting down on a bench waiting for Jason and then he was there and we started talking about normal stuff like if I was a freshman what I was studying etc. Then he brought up how he dances and you know I dance two so I was intrigued and we started talking more and he invited me to come try out or just watch the crew dance which I agreed to. We exchanged numbers and then boom, we're friends now," I told her as she nodded her head.

"Then I found Jason and we went upstairs to my dorm and found my roommate-,"

"Laz right? He's deaf?" She spoke as I nodded my head.

"Yea...Laz. And then at first, I thought he was being rude but I realized he was deaf and we laughed about the fact I thought he was just stuck up. I asked him to teach me to sign, and he agreed to do and then he started teaching me after class and when we had free time sometimes. It's always nothing but jokes and laughter with him. Like my face hurts when I'm around him and he's always waiting for me at the front door when I come in and following me around and he's so sweet and goofy AND he cooks for me. Like...he's just a really good guy and friend," I told her.