chapter twenty seven.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

"Dad, I'm so tired of school. I don't want to go." Skyler whined rubbing her tired eyes as her tiny feet dangled from the sink as Keanu stood in front of her applying lotion to her face. He was carefully rubbing the lotion in circles, making sure it was being absorbed into her skin.

"You gotta go, princess, you got a test." Keanu said, continuing to apply lotion to her face.

"I just want to stay in my bed and play Roblox." Skyler protested, and Mieke chuckled.

"You got one month left then you could play Roblox all you want, if yall ain't doing nothing after the test then ima pick you up." Keanu replied, taking her desires into account.

The frown that was on Skyler's face instantly disappeared with a smile as she heard her father's reply. "Really?" she replied.

Keanu kissed her forehead "Yeah."

Keanu and Skyler continued talking in the bathroom while Mieke watched them from the bed, feeling a sense of admiration for the way Keanu was in the role of a Dad, being so nurturing and affectionate with Skyler.

Skyler walked out of the bathroom and walked over to Mieke, "Are you going to be here when I come back?" She sat next to Mieke on the bed.

Mieke smiled, "Do you want me to be?"

Skyler nodded "Yes, I want you to be here." She smiled and hugged Mieke tightly before pulling away. She huffed and said, "Now I have to go to stupid boring school. I just want to be home."

"The day is gonna go by fast. Just don't think too much about the time, and before you know it, you gone be back here playing roblox."

"I thought you liked going to school?" Keanu asked, looking at Skyler curiously.

"Dad, that was when I was in my wannabe scholar era. Now I wanna be a homebody."

Mieke and Keanu laughed at Skyler's remark. Keanu, still chuckling, said, "You a funny ass lil girl. Grab yo backpack, cmon."

Skyler laughed and pointed at Keanu, saying, "Dad, you just said a bad word If you let me stay home, you don't have to give me $1."

"That ain't hurting my pockets." He pulled out a dollar, and slapped it in Skyler's hand.

Skyler huffed, grabbed her backpack, and started walking out of the room. Keanu chuckled and followed her, with Mieke trailing along.

They walked down the stairs, through the house, and eventually outside. Skyler headed straight to the back of the car, putting her seatbelt on, while Keanu settled into the drivers seat. Mieke stood at the window, watching "Sky it's gonna be okay."

Keanu glanced at the back, chuckling as he said, "She ain't even mad for real. I was gon say I'm picking Justice up early too but I see youre mad so you probably don't even care." He said and Skyler, looked at him with a smile.

Skyler shook her head and said, "Dad, I'm not even mad, maybe a little bothered, but not mad."

"You a fake," He said. He then looked at Mieke and asked, "What you want to eat?"