chapter three.

excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹

"Time sholl know how to move fast." Mieke said slipping her phone back into her desk drawer.
She rose from her chair and walked to the office door. With a press of the buzzer, she signaled to the front desk that she was prepared for her next client. Mieke then opened the door and stood by it, ready to welcome her next client.

"Alright, see you later," Mieke overheard her client, Brooklyn, say. A few moments later, Brooklyn turned the corner and upon spotting Mieke, she offered a smile and waved. "Hii."

"Hey Girl." Mieke smiled.

Mieke welcomed Brooklyn with the door wide open, and once she had entered, Mieke gently closed the office door. As Mieke turned back to face the room, she found Brooklyn comfortably seated on her couch with her legs crossed.

"Look at you all comfortable and stuff." Mieke said and Brooklyn chuckled. Mieke joined her on the couch across and asked, "How have things been for you since our last meeting?"

"I don't know," Brooklyn shrugged. "Bad?"

Mieke nodded understandingly. "I see. I'm sorry that's how you've been doing. If you're comfortable, Can you share more about what's been on your mind, what's been bothering you, and what may have contributed to these feelings? Whenever you're ready, I'm here to listen. There's no rush so take your time."

Brooklyn began, her voice filled with frustration, "My Dad has a girlfriend."

Mieke continued to listen attentively, encouraging Brooklyn to share her feelings. "How do you feel about your dad having a girlfriend, especially with the divorce?"

Brooklyn's shoulders slumped, and she let out a deep sigh. "I mean, it's not that I care if he has a girlfriend. I don't expect him to be stuck on my mom forever. It's clear that they lost the love between them, and that's why they got a divorce. But it's just... the fact that he hasn't been keeping in contact with me. It's like he's cut me off because of the divorce, but he has all this time to get to know someone new and decide to date her. And all the while, I'm at home, wondering why my Dad doesn't love me anymore."

"How do you live with yourself knowing that you have a daughter, and you're just leaving her behind, feeling unloved?" She continued. "Me being me I can't just see that he has a girlfriend and not go look for her. I couldn't help myself. I found her on Facebook. She has kids, and my Dad took family portraits with them. There are videos of him spending time with them. Mind you, None of them are his kids, but I am. He won't even talk to me, yet he can be a better father to kids who aren't related to him."