Chapter 16 - Moonlight Technique (2)

On the day the duke heard about the peculiarities through an urgent report, he decided to pass down the Moonlight Technique to Carlyn.

It wasn’t something he had planned from the beginning.

Originally, he had been searching for a magic training method related to Winds. After all, the child’s mystic was Winds.

And that was a task that would take some time.

The Haisen Kingdom possessed many magic training methods, but there was nothing suitable regarding winds. They had to be sought from outside, and such methods were not common.

They had to either buy or intimidate those who had left their families to learn the techniques, as they were usually passed down within noble families.

Furthermore, it was necessary to verify whether the acquired breathing technique was authentic.

It took six months even to find a breathing technique that suited Denif.

So originally, the duke had planned to teach Carlyn a basic magic training method.

A versatile and straightforward method that wouldn’t pose any difficulty even if the training method changed midway.

However, the plan completely changed.

‘If we solve that problem, it could become the pillar that makes us the best on the continent.’

Marhan wasn’t someone who spoke easily, and the duke trusted him implicitly.

Being the best on the continent wasn’t just some random phrase. If Marhan said it, it meant it was true.

Originally, the duke had only intended to send a doctor, but everyone had returned together because of that reason.

The best doctor under his command was in the Empire due to a mission, so he had no choice but to find a new one. But their reputation was similar.

Of course, it was slightly disappointing to hear that they couldn’t solve the child’s problem, but the previous best doctor would have been similar.

It was the first time he had encountered such symptoms of gathering information, and the difference in skill between the two doctors wasn’t significant.

And, in any case, he had planned to pass down the Moonlight Technique regardless of the outcome.

The child’s peculiarities were remarkable enough that solving the problem wouldn’t be an issue.

‘The best on the continent…’

Since hearing the report, those words had been constantly lingering in the duke’s mind. His desire writhed within him.

He couldn’t give up under any circumstances.

If needed, he would bring a divine healer. No, if it was that level of talent, he must bring them.

Even if they couldn’t be found in the near future, it wouldn’t matter.

Even if ten years passed, the child would still be 23 years old. Duke felt that time was on his side.

Even if the divine healer had aged, they wouldn’t be called the Divine Healer for nothing. They wouldn’t easily die.

‘Considering the power of the Haisen Kingdom…’

Within ten years, there would be at least one occasion when they would be connected with the divine healer.

The child’s condition was intriguing enough to pique the curiosity of the divine healer, and mentioning their talent would undoubtedly attract them.