Hostage

**** The Next Day / Monday, June 19th 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

The sun coming through the clouded warehouse windows shines bright, casting a dim light on my face.

I flutter my eyes open, trying to make sense of the scene in front of me.

It's been two days since I've seen outside of this place, my hands and feet tied to an old wooden chair, as I watch the hours pass.

How did I end up here...

Just a few weeks ago I was on an island in Panama, watching the sunset as the boats set sail into the ocean.

Right now, the only view I had was this dark and musty space, as dust flew around the room, and I tried to stop it from getting trapped in my throat.

Now I spend my hours nodding off in this chair, trying to keep myself sane.

If it wasn't for the windows, I wouldn't be able to keep track of the time.

Watching as the sun switches out with the moon, counting down the hours.

Silently hoping and praying that at some point, Micheal would bust through those doors for me.

Save me from this...

Hope William know seh there's a place in hell waiting on him.

Zion is worse off, cause there is no way God aguh open up the doors of heaven fi him.

Dis is ah different kinda wickedness.

They hadn't hurt me or anything, but they kept me locked up the majority of the time.

William was in charge of keeping tabs on me, coming in periodically to check that I hadn't tried to escape or hurt myself.

Only letting me free to use the bathroom, which I was only allowed to do twice a day.

I got very limited food and even more limited water.

I had a little more freedom when they first brought me here, but I started to become violent and at one point I bit into William's hand on the first night, so I am now under more restriction.

But I couldn't just sit here and have dem people ah hold mi hostage.

This was practically past torture at this point.

How yuh coulda call yuhself a human being, and have mi lock up in yah wid mi belly ah heng out in front ah mi?

Very sick people mi ah deal wid right now...

I suddenly hear the door of the warehouse pull open, and I watch as the silhouette of a woman starts to make its way towards me.

She makes very long strides, her long legs far in front of the rest of her body.

Her hair was in braids, and she was dressed in an all-black outfit.

Dis ah really start fi get too cinematic man...

Everybody in yah dressed like seh dem inna Charlie's Angels.

"Oh wow...cyaa believe seh ah really you" she says to me, stopping in front of me as she examines my face.

Do I know this lady?

"Ummm....should I know who you are?" I managed to get out, my voice was hoarse from my lack of water intake.

"No, you don't know me, well unless your mom told you about me..but I know you Noelle"

She pulls up a chair from the side, placing it in front of where I am seated, before taking a seat.