When The Party's Over

**** A Few Days Later / Saturday, March 4th 2023 ****

Noelle's POV

At this point, I need to add being a party planner to my resume.

Bare party planning vibes mi deh pon all week enuh...

When I first started putting my ideas down on paper, I wanted it to be a very simple vibe.

I just wanted to enjoy some good food, vibes, and company.

When I found out I was pregnant, I had to go back to the drawing board to figure out a way to mix our pregnancy announcement into the evening.

This was going to be the first time that I would have my family and friends in the same place in a very long time.

I had also met some new people since moving back to Jamaica as well, and Micheal's family and friends were also going to be in attendance.

Full house kinda vibe.

Normally, I try to keep my personal life lowkey and private, but lately just knowing that I have my babies growing inside of me has made me want to be so extra and shout that shit from the roof.

I was way too early in my pregnancy to be showing yet, so it has been pretty easy keeping this a secret.

Last weekend, I nearly fucked up though.

Almost shit up miself when mi realize weh did bout fi happen.

Renee, Angel, and I went out for dinner to celebrate her giving birth to Najae and I had to find a way to lie out of drinking all night.

Had to tell them that I was doing a no-alcohol fast wid mi mada......

If I was them, mi woulda know seh a lie mi ah tell because what kinda excuse is that?

I had started getting a little anxious last night when it sunk in that I would be sharing this news with so many different people.

It was real once I saw them on the ultrasound, but this would make it extra real.

Mi kinda shame in a way.....

Is kinda like seh mi a go announce to the world, including my mom, that I've been having sex.

Mi know seh dat kinda of juvenile in thinking enuh, because I am literally an adult, but mi still feel kinda weird bout it.

Right now, the only people who know are me, Micheal, and our party planner.

Everyone else was going to be in for a fucking surprise later on today.

"Noelle, weh yuh want we fi put di food when it done" I look up from my office desk to see my mom standing at the door.

Her and Dwayne have been here since the day before yesterday, and it's honestly been so nice to have them here with us.

Mommy and Ms. Paula were currently downstairs cooking some of the food for tonight.

"Ummmm....can you ask Candy? She should have some party tray food warmers set up outside on tables"

Candy was the party planner I had been working with, she was honestly the best in the game.

"Okay mek mi go tell Opal cause we soon done" she replies to me before turning on her heel to head down the hallway.

Ms. Paula and Mommy had been getting along really well, to the point where Ms. Paula stayed over last night.

They had been so deep in conversation with each other yesterday that she didn't want to go home.

Some people complain bout mother-in-law drama but mi cyaa relate!