Mobster

**** Few Days Later / Monday, February 6th 2023 ****

Micheal's POV

Life has a funny way of making your past your present.

At some point, everything you want to keep hidden in the dark finds its way into the light.

As a young yute, mi do som sumn weh mi not even forgive miself fah yet.

Every man weh mi have roun mi have at least a couple ghost ah falla back dem.

Dat anuh no way fi live life....

But if I had known then, that this shit would come back to ruin the life I was trying to build, mi woulda think twice before mi pull di trigger.

God neva put mi pon dis earth fi be a killa, Paula neva waan dis fi her bwoy pickney.

But mi tell unuh already seh mi did haffi survive, di kinda survival weh woulda mek any young yute pick up ah gun.

Kill or be killed....

Now I was facing the consequences of my own decision, a decision that was placing the person who I loved most in the world in harm's way.

I was trying so hard to change, so hard to ensure that I could be the best version of myself for her.

But everything was starting to unravel from its seams, and it seemed that I had to do the one thing I knew I was good at in order to keep hold of everything that I valued.

God neva put mi pon dis earth fi be a killa, but in moments like this, I had no other choice.

It's either I was going to be the person who was doing the pushing or the person who was falling.

And I've never been too fond of heights, so unuh already know how dis haffi go.

**** FLASHBACK / Wednesday, February 1st 2023 ****

Micheal's POV

Nickoi parks the car and hops out first, I follow behind him as we walk towards the backyard of the house.

Mi hope seh dis nuh a waste mi time enuh, wid ah situation like this time if of the essence.

Mi need fi act fast and smart, or mi goodly well end up lose mi oomna, or mi life.

And unuh already know seh dat cyaa happen...

Sheldon is standing around his pool smoking a cigar, I take notice of his security guards surrounding the premises, every man is armed.

"Long time mi nuh see unuh enuh" he calls out to us once we are in his direct view.

We walk over to him to greet him, before he leads us to a seating area near the pool to talk.

Even though he was starting to get up there in age you couldn't tell. He looked exactly like how he did when we were growing up.

He calls over one of his helpers to pour up a few glasses of whiskey for everyone before he turns his attention to us.

"Koi tell mi seh unuh ah have some problems" he begins to say, taking a sip from his cup before turning his eyes to look at me.

"Yea some people did a scope out mi yaad, and den mi find out seh some man go look fi mi ooman -- Noelle -- ah her office dis week"

He nods, not breaking eye contact with me as I speak.

"Bout one month she deh here now right? And she still nuh come look fi mi yet......"