7- Birthday

David's pov.
"I don't want nor need one" she said

Never met a wolf like that, not to mention a kid.  Mostly teens of her age are looking forward in meeting their mates.

Was it trauma? Or something that made her hate having a mate? She didn't look like she hate it or like it either. I should bring this up to mother later, there might be cases like these in the future. It will go pretty bad if anyone doesn't want or need a mate. A mateless wolf may go crazy, but she doesn't have a wolf, so I guess she'll be okay...

I went home when my father told me to do something. I thought it was serious but he actually left me in a room, full of clothes and stylists, and my mother...

"Mother..." I sighed

"Oh no David, you are going to that party, looking presentable"  she claps her hands, signaling the assistants to move. It's no problem really, it's just that, this will take forever...

Olivia's pov.
Right now, I'm standing in front of my alpha, my father, and Luna.
"What is it that you request for audience Olivia?" The alpha asked....

I handed to him a brown envelope with a paper inside. The alpha started reading it and looked at me.

"You want to leave the pack?" He asked

"Yes, alpha" I nodded

"Okay" he answered after he asked for the other two's opinion.

"It's a good thing you asked for it rather than wait for us to ban you"

The alpha stands up and I knelt on one knee. He raises his hand and says:
"Olivia Larkspur, you will no longer be part of this pack, from now on, after tonight, you will leave this pack, and won't be one of us" 

I felt an invisible cord cut off in my heart, it hurts to the point tears came, I smiled inside, I'm finally out of this pack....

"Remember, you're still gonna serve tonight" the Luna reminds me, I nodded back in response. I don't wanna be the cool girl who cuts everything off and leaves an impression that she's free, I don't wanna leave with a fight, they might hunt me down...

A FEW HOURS LATER.......

It's night time, close to the time the clouds will move for the moon to show up. The Luna told me earlier to just stay in the corner and serve, and that's what I'm doing right now.
I just wore a white dress that I bought with my own money and a nice pair of shoes. I styled my hair in a low ponytail, put a little bit of cologne in my neck, and wore light make up, just powder and lipstick.
I served the guests with a smile and did my job pretty well..

I avoided getting close to Courtney, Jasmine, and the others of course. I don't know what they'll do....

I went to the kitchen to fill the trey with some snacks when I overheard Jasmine crying:

"Why isn't he here??" She whines
She must be talking about sir David...

"Don't worry princess, Luna Escobar isn't here either so they must have planned to come together, I heard that Luna Escobar always grooms David befo-"

I left. Wasting my time listening to them won't do me good.

The time came when everyone went out to the real place which is at the side of the pack house. The party is gonna be held outside. It's designed with firefly lights and more, like a fantasy scene.
The Alpha called out for the birthday girl and Jasmine slowly comes out with a beautiful dress that hugs her curves.

A few minutes later...

A car arrived, Luna Escobar getting out with a very elegant appearance.  She's so beautiful....

Everyone waited for David to come out.

Luna Escobar was perplexed too when she turned to see sir David not behind her.
She went to the window and knocked on it. The door opened and sir David comes out, looking so handsome in that suit.

Something's different though, his eyes were different, instead of blue they're golden yellow, like he's mad...his eyes are shifting from one color to another..!

He closes his eyes trying to concentrate...

"David what wrong?" Luna Escobar asks

"David..." Jasmine who's in-front me said with worry and happiness that he came...

"I can't control it.." he said in one breath

The Luna whispers to him and seems to be talking to him in mind link...

Everyone was perplexed at what's going on when he suddenly looked at me in the eye and in a blink of an eye, he's rushing towards Jasmine...

Everyone moves to make way and so did I, everyone is expecting them to be mates, not me but, let's just go with the flow..

I was turning to the right to leave when he suddenly pulled my wrist...

He pulled me in his embrace, and with his height he lifts me up to hug me, his face buried in the crook of my neck, his hot breath stroking my skin, I felt tingles in every second he inhales....

What's going on?????