Half Way Through One Shot! (Edited)

"Friendship is something you don't walk away from, it's something you cherish and protect."

----------

It was a rainy day today, the water coming down in harsh sprinkles, soaking everything it touched. You watched the pouring rain from the window, seeing the tops of umbrellas saunter into the school. Some students weren't as fortunate, running into the safety of the school, school bags being their only cover from the freezing rain.

You always liked rainy days, how it sounded, how it felt, how it smelt. You watched as the rain gently pelted the window, tapping sounds every time they collided.

The bell would ring soon, you had to get to class before you were late.

Turning away from the window, you started towards your homeroom class.

* * *

"Where's Nene?" You asked Aoi, placing your notebooks on your respective desk. Nene always showed up with Aoi, but today she wasn't here. Aoi looked at you, and smiled. "Oh! Nene's at home sick today," She informed, turning back to her desk and settling down. It was raining all night as well, maybe she was outside for too long?

No matter, Nene would be back eventually. You would just have to deal with bathroom duties without her. That should be fine, you can handle it. And maybe you could drag Kou into it as well, he might wanna help.

You took your seat, class was starting.

----------

"Where's Nene?" That was the first thing Hanako asked the moment you walked into the bathroom, no Nene accompanying you. You grabbed a broom. "She's sick today, you'll just have to deal with me for now," You said, starting to sweep the dusty floors. You and Nene (sometimes Kou) clean this room practically every day, yet the next day, it's just as dirty as the day before.

"Aright, I have no complaints," Hanako said, sitting on the windowsill, legs crossed.

It was quiet, the only sound was the gentle brushes of the broom sweeping against the tile. You never realized how quiet it could get in here until Nene wasn't there to fill it with talking about her day, and complaints about cleaning. It was kinda weird without her to help you.

"I now can see why Nene complains a lot. This is so dusty all the time. Do you mess it up just for Nene to clean?" You asked, not looking up from sweeping the floors. You heard an over dramatic gasp. "Are you assuming that I would do such a thing? Never!" Hanako said, placing a hand over his heart dramatically, looking hurt.

"It is something you would do. ." You commented, looking up from your task of sweeping, meeting the auburn eyes of Hanako.

"You wound me, M/n," Hanako said, hand over his chest and the other covering his eyes with a hurt expression decorating his features. You saw through his facade like no other.

"Sure I am. ." You said sarcastically, chuckling. "Just little ol' me, able to hurt one of the Seven Wonders. I feel like taking over the world!" You said dramatically, coming with an evil laugh at the end of your statement. You finished laughing. The atmosphere was silent, awkward.

Did you say something you shouldn't have? Was that too childish? You tightly gripped the broom, regretting what you said.

That was until Hanako doubled over, laughing like a mad-man. You watched as the apparition held his stomach, tears pricking his eyes from how much he was laughing. You chuckled a little while watching him.