Chapter 52: Now would be a good time to stfu

Saturday around 5:30pm in the capital. Historia's feast/ assembly ball starts at 6pm. You've showered and just finished your hair, Sasha and Mikasa are getting ready with you in your room.

You help the girls to do their makeup, Sasha had never worn it before. Mikasa shares a few tips she learned from Eren's mother, Carla, as her hands maneuvered the brushes and powders.

"Sasha, you need to stay still. I won't poke your eye!" You groaned as Mikasa firmly held her wrists down.

"She will if you don't stop squirming!" Mikasa grunts, her grip tightening.

"Let go, Mikasa. Look, we don't need to do this, Sasha." You reassured the girl, starting to feel bad.

"No! I want to look as pretty as you both!" She insists, holding her breath as you continue to apply mascara to her fluttering lashes. When she finally opens her eyes, you reward her with a warm smile, silently commending her for her bravery.

You've never seen the girls dressed up like this before, so you step back to admire the two, their transformation from soldiers to elegant ladies leaving you in awe. You then grab your dress off the hanger and head to the bathroom.
As you study your reflection in the mirror, you can't help but feel a sense of nostalgia, it's been a while since you've looked this way... or felt this way. You spent the afternoon sharing a feminine connection, delicate yet so welcoming.

You step out of the bathroom, asking for some help lacing up the back of your gown, a dress you've yet to wear. Mikasa stepped up to help you as Sasha rushed to the bathroom mirror, pleased by her reflection. She twirled in her gown as she complimented your appearance.

"You look so... mature, but in such a beautiful way. We never get to see each other like this! I wish we could do it every day."

"That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" You sigh as Mikasa went to change into her own gown.

"You're excited to see Noah?" Sasha asked as you slid your feet into your shoes.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to see him again."

"Yeah.. we're going to be seeing everyone. I wonder what Historia's been up to. It's weird not having her around."

"Do we have any updates?" You whispered, eyes gleaming with curiosity.

"No, if it weren't for, you know who, looking so irritated whenever she gets brought up, nobody would be thinking anything."

"Oh.. so then how about we don't just all assume it's because of.. him. They could've had their own personal issues that have nothing to do with that."

"Well, it started after those two spent a lot of time together, alone, at the hideout. Also being kidnapped, but there's... okay so Jean told conny, who told me this morning, that he overheard Eren and Mikasa arguing last night because, apparently his titan needs Royal blood, or something like that. I don't know, maybe the idea of him needing another woman is just, a lot."

You let out a sigh, feeling bad for the girl and wishing you could clear this up with her yourself, but you can't afford another stern Ackerman glare right now. After the meeting, after a few drinks, it'll be worth a shot then. It's all about timing to get an Ackerman to open up.
Mikasa re-entered the room, and Sasha quickly changed the subject to how excited she was about the food. Mikasa rolled her eyes, you both already endured a lengthy rant about it earlier in the day. She quickly slips on her shoes, ushering Sasha to do the same as the boys were most likely waiting for us downstairs.

The three of you navigate through the bustling lobby, filled with soldiers eagerly waiting for the doors to the grand hall to open. You follow Mikasa, her eyes darting around in search of Eren.