Chapter VIII

Clothes from the dark oaked wardrobe, looming from the corner of the room, were ruffled and scattered across the double bed. Two hands frantically moved to strip down the dull, boring clothing I wore, barely fitting my figure. Unfortunately, these were the hands of my own as I struggled to find any exciting outfits for the evening. My eyes wandering around the room and I tried to put together a good outfit in my head but all came to collapse.

I hadn't exactly put myself back in the dating field after my divorce with Jotaro, main reason being to take care of Jolyne myself without any other hassle from men who want to be in my life solely for me being a single mother. It was extremely sexualised, and nor would they last when they realise the duty of having to take care of a child that wasn't theirs.

Though, I had a few occurrences of forcing myself to at least try it out mainly due to the convincing of my best friend, Kat. She knew I was struggling through my stages of depression ever since the divorce, and believed that I had to move on from Jotaro and think of him as nothing more than an ex-husband who wanted no part in mine or Jolyne's life. Thus I set off to getting myself out there and experience what the world has to offer to me.

None of the men had ever peaked any interest in me. Some too egoistical, others too shy and timid. It was difficult finding myself someone new who was such a heavy contrast to my ex-husband, which I was always so used to working out his personality and finding a way around it in order for me to love him more.

Soon enough, I completely gave up and spent most of my focus on just Jolyne and being the significant, prime single mother I could possibly be for her.

My phone's notification sound rung, and I headed towards my phone to check on the message I got back after sending a photo to Kat on ideas of what to wear for tonight.

Kat : Firstly... what?! He asked you out on a date!?! He better not break your heart again... Secondly, the second dress! It'll make you glow like a diamond tonight!! Oh, and wear those black heels you own, it'll fit with the colour theme.

I chuckled softly when I saw my best friend's concerns on how I was being taken out for dinner by my ex-husband. My mind hadn't really perceived it as a date, and rather more as a friendly gesture made by him due to our difficult situation of our daughter being hospitalised. But... it still felt good to think of it as a date as well.

Me : Thank you, Kat. Amazing as always. I'll update you when we meet up for that coffee break.

Moving swiftly, I began to put together the outfit Kat recommended, knowing that due her spectacular knowledge in the fashion industry she'll be able to know what works best for my body type.

There was first a silk, low-cut, wine red dress fitted to my body shape which highlighted my curves, and modestly showing off some cleavage. Then came the 30 denier black tights, my legs shining in the bright light of my room now, admiring myself for a while before I continued. I accessorised, adding some jewellery which matched my skin tone, making me pop, but it wasn't too rich as I didn't have that type of money available. Finally, I concluded it with the pair of heels which Kat recommended, that allowed an increase to my height slightly; still being comfortable to walk in.

And now... it was time to drive over to La Luce.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

I arrived slightly late, only about 4 minutes, due to the horrendous Florida traffic. Normally, I'd feel awful, but since I'm meeting up with Jotaro I have nothing to worry about. He can wait for me.

Moving inside the modernised building, it was a balanced level of lighting though it set off the romantic mood that won't be needed for tonight. The tables were dressed in a white table cloth, with jet black leather chairs accompanied with fine padding. There were also massively magnificent paintings hanging on the walls, allowing more life in the restaurant. It wasn't too loud, nor was it too quiet, having a perfect amplitude of noise throughout with the waiters and waitresses hurrying through double doors every now and then to provide the customers with food.