Chapter 60

Kayla's Pov

What do I do now? Do I take him back, or do I not? My mind and heart want him back, but there's just that thing that doesn't want him back in my life. I still love him, nothing has changed, and I don't think it will change. What if I take him back and he hurts me again? But at the same time, if I don't, then I won't know. He is still looking down defeated. It still pains me to see him hurt, but it also gives me some sort of assurance that he does love me.

Me: I need some time to think about everything

He looked up to me. His eyes are filled with regret and sadness. He looks drained. He needs someone to hold his hand and be with him and also guide him. He really looks lost.

Jeremy: Promise me you will come back to me, Kayla

Me: I can't promise you that I need to think about this

Jeremy: Kayla, please, I need you to promise me that you will come back at least give me something to hold on to because if you say you're going to think about it, I..

I shut him up with a kiss, stupid I know, but he talks too much, I am going to forgive him, but I need to think about everything before doing it. You might judge me for going back after he cheated, but I also can't be without him. If Alex was not around, I was going to lose myself. I need Jeremy. For the first time in a while, I felt what it is like to be loved by a man again. He proved that he would be with me through thick or thin by being with me when I was having those nightmares with Sam. He stayed and helped me through it all, I can't lose someone who is that patient with me.

He first didn't kiss me back, but eventually, he did. His lips are still soft and full. He smells nice, too. I'm guessing he took a bath first. I was really enjoying the kiss, I felt like it was taking away all the pain he caused. It was replacing it with love and hope. I got off the chair, and he did the same. He picked me up and placed me on the island. I took his hands and placed them on my thighs. He squeezed them as I wrapped my arms around his neck and devoured his lips. His hands started traveling all over my body. It felt nice to be touched by him again. We kissed for some time before I decided to pull out from the kiss and place my forehead on his. We both started catching our breaths, and his hands were still on my body touching me softly.

Me: Can you hold on to that?

Jeremy: Yes, I can

He made me face him, then looked into my eyes.

Jeremy: I love you. Please come back to me, Brownie. I need you.

I nodded, and we stayed in that position. I want to try again with him.

In the Ngonyama Kingdom

Hlelokuhle has his father deep inside the water and is trying to treat his wounds. The brothers refused to go back to the palace they all sat down and waited for Hlelokuhle they spent the whole entire night outside waiting. They are taking this hard because if they lose him, then they will be left as orphans. They are also trying to plead with Ngonyama to keep him as they are not ready to lose him. They are even scared to tell Nobuhle about him they don't want to stress her out as she is pregnant, and they don't know how she will take the news since she just got to know him. Hlelokuhle is trying his best to connect to the water to heal his father, but he is failing because only one person can use the water to cure he can only see through it and command it but not to the extent of saving a life. He needs the Indoni Yamanzi yakoZulu to save his father. He started using the water to connect to her while she was in Nobuhle's tummy.

Meanwhile, Nobuhle had just gotten a new phone and recovered everything from her previous phone. She called Caleb and asked if he could come over so they could speak. He agreed to it because he really wanted to see Nobuhle and his son but couldn't because he was ashamed of the things he had done to her. He wanted to leave Khondlo and Lizwi's father and just be with Nobuhle but things got tough, when he begged them to stop because she is pregnant with her son now they didn't seem bothered, they were still using him to weaken Nobuble that's why he decided to just not see her at all. His life felt incomplete and in danger because he believed that Lizwi had his information. He was scared that he would be coming for him soon when he had read everything.