Chapter 14

Narrated

Somewhere in KZN

The man walked in the palace and some of the servants bowed, he went straight to the room where the King, the Queen and their 8 sons were having breakfast. He got in and layed his mat down then spoke.

Man: Nkosi, Ndlovukazi nani ziNkosana (King, Queen and Princes)

King: bab'Mbatha kwenzekeni ekuseni kanje (Mbatha what happened so early in the morning)

Bab'Mbatha: akukho kuhle, kyabheda Nkosi yami (its not good things are looking bad my king)

Ndlovukazi: sekwenzekeni khuluma (what happened talk)

Bab'Mbatha: ezinsukwini ezidlule khona okwenzeka kwindlu yabaphansi (in the past days something happened in the ancestors hut)

King: kwenzakalani Mbatha (what happened)

Bab'Mbatha: umbani washaya kathathu khona(the lightning striked 3 times)

The King's eyes widened.

Queen: pho wathulelani wangasho? (Then why did you keep quiet and not tell us)

Bab'Mbatha: uzongilinda ngiqede ukukhuluma (you will wait for me to finish speaking)

The queen kept quiet and didn't say anything.

Bab'Mbatha: Nkosi yami ngithulile ngalokhu ngoba bengifuna ukuqala ngithole ukuthi kusho ukuthini lokhu okwenzakele bengilo ngicela amathonga angitshengise ngize ngacaciseleka ebusuku ukuthi bekuqondeni (My king I kept quiet because I wanted to first find out what it meant I was begging the ancestors to show me, it only became clear what it meant yesterday at night)

King: bekuqondeni? (What did it mean)

Bab'Mbatha sighed because he knew how cold hearted the Queen is which mean that havoc will rain in the Kingdom.

Bab'Mbatha: Nkosi yami ngiboniswe uNgonyama ebeka umaka wesizukulwane sakoZulu kwintokazi lapha ezweni labaphansi (My king I saw Ngonyama marking a maiden with the mark of the Zulu generation in the world of the ancestors)

The king was confused as to why would Ngonyama mark a girl that is not a Zulu.

Bab'Mbatha: ngabese ngacaciselwa ingadlangadla uDlokodloko ukuthi kusho ukuthini, Nkosi yami intokazi leya inkosazane yokuqala yakoZulu eminyakeni eyamakhulu amabili (then the greatest of them all Dlokodloko made it clear to me what it meant, My king that maiden is the first princess in the Zulu kingdom in 200 years)

The King and Queen stood up with their eyes widened, they were both confused as to who the daughter belongs to.

King: ini? (what)

Queen: Anginayo ingane yentombazane mina (I don't have a daughter)

Bab'Mbatha: kunjalo Nkosi yami ngakho ke iNkosazane kmele ibuyiswe ekhaya ihlanganiswe nedlozi layo langempela ngoba la ekhona ihlanganiswe nekungalona elayo okuyidalela izinkinga emushadweni wayo (its like that My King and the Princess has to be brought home so she can be united with her real ancestors because where she is she is united with the wrong ancestors and it's bringing her problems in her marriage)

Queen: inkosi ayinayo ingane ngaphandle wena uze lana ukuzoqamba amanga (the king does not have a child out of marriage you came here to lie)

King: bab'Mbatha uthe uyibonile ibinjani ebusweni? (Mbatha you said you saw her, how was she on the face)

Bab'Mbatha: iyuNdlovukazi omkhulu (she looks like the greatest Queen)

Gasps! The boys were quiet trying to process what they were hearing and also thinking that maybe it's a joke but they would he fooling themselves because Bab'Mbatha never jokes if there is someone to be scared of it is Bab'Mbatha.