Chapter 42

Kayla's Pov

Jeremy hasn't spoken to me since Nobuhle's party. He does not respond to my texts or my calls. I don't know why he is mad at me because I did not do anything wrong. I've gotten better through time and accepting things as they are. Now I'm getting ready to go and get my son back, although it will be hard, but that is a battle I am willing to fight no matter what. I had just taken a shower, and now I'm getting ready to go to Sam's place. I wore a beige dress with stilettos and a mini bag. I got into my G Wagon and drove to where his parents live. Sigh, this is going to be hard. After an hour and 30 minutes on the road, I got to their house and parked in. Alexander was playing with his friends in the yard and when he saw my car he ran to it. That melted my heart. I got out of the car and engulfed him in a big hug. After a while, we pulled out, and I kissed him all over his face.

Alex: mooom, stop it, my friends are watching

Me: So I am not supposed to kiss my little boy

Alex: Not in front of them

I giggled.

Me: Okay, big guy, I came to fetch you

Alex: Really? We're going to your house?

Me: Yes, do you want to?

Alex: Yes, mommy, I do

Me: Okay, champ, let me go and talk to your grandma and aunts

He looked at me, then his friends, and then stole a kiss from me and ran away. I laughed and shook my head. He has always been affectionate, unlike his father. I walked inside the house and saw Sam's aunt. Oh boy, here comes trouble.

Me: Good morning

Aunty 1: Sure, isn't a good morning if we see you

Me: How are you?

Aunty 1: What are you here for?

Me: I came to ask if I can get Alexander to visit for the holidays

Aunty 2: No, he is not going anywhere

Me: But I miss my son. I haven't seen him for the whole entire year. I want to spend some time with him

Aunty 2: And we said no

Me: I am his parent. I have the right to have my son whenever I want to see him.

Sam's mom: the child that we raised up and took care of?

Me: But I have money now. I can take care of him if you let me

Aunty 1: So now you're fit to be a mother?

Me: Yes, I am. I have been working hard to have money for him. I just want him for the holidays

Aunty 2: And we said no!

Me: You have no right to say that

Aunty 1: we do

Me: No, his father has that right, not you. Now that he is gone, I can take my child.

Sam's mom: Gone? He is just missing, and he will be back. My grandson isn't going anywhere. Sam told us about you getting it on with every man you meet. You are not for to be a parent. You call opening your legs to every man hard working?

Me: WHAT?!

Aunty 1: You will now come here and shout at us

Me: I don't do such. Sam was the only man I have ever been with. Why would he say that?

Aunty 2: So you're saying that he is lying now because he is not here to defend himself?

Me: No, I just don't get why he would lie about this