𝒄𝒊𝒊. all hope is lost

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-TWO: ALL HOPE IS LOST !

⚠️ trigger warning for this one!

12x18/12x19

━━━━━━

CASEY HAD GONE BACK HOME TO GIVE LEAH A BIT OF A BREAK. Isaac had taken Chris for a little while and Casey had decided to take up on some digging with Scratch's whereabouts. She had no idea even where to dig but she was gonna try anything she could.

Even if she was mad at her husband for taking her off of the visitor's list, she was still gonna do whatever it takes to prove he was innocent. She'd gotten off the phone with Emily regarding Spencer and what she'd found out about the prison going into a lockdown while Rossi was visiting Spencer. She'd also found out he lost a friend in there. He was killed right in front of him.

           A few days later, she'd found out that Scratch was spotted in Latin America and had gotten right back into looking for Scratch based on the photo that was found of him. Casey had put her heart into searching for Scratch the past few days. Cassie was coming in and out with Diana and she'd mutter a 'hey' and 'bye' every now and again. And the last few days, Casey hadn't remembered the last time she slept or the last time she ate. She'd end up falling asleep on the table right there and she'd only get up to use the bathroom.

Casey hadn't answered anyone's calls. She had a pit in her stomach every time Luke called. She avoided his messages, his calls, even his emails. Anything that had anything to do with him she avoided. She hated thinking that JJ was right about everything. Which is why she was also avoiding JJ.

And she was right. She was emotionally intimate with Luke. Going to him when she cried, calling him to hang out and tell him things she wouldn't have told Spencer before. All the while her husband — Spencer, was suffering in prison. Getting beaten up, having his friend die in front of him, needing to move drugs for his own safety.

She was a horrible person, she concluded. She was a horrible wife, a horrible mother, a horrible human being. How could she have been so stupid?

           A day later, Casey had figured that she'd done enough with the digging after getting nowhere and she had stood up to stretch, only to feel a sharp pain in her stomach. "Ah." She groaned and touched her lower stomach and clutched her chair for support. Casey had looked down and she found something she didn't want to see.

            Blood forming in the pajama shorts and down her thighs. It was a lot of blood. More than what there should've been.