five

┍━

"𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑪𝑯 𝑾𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑨𝒀
𝑻𝑶 𝑴𝑬, 𝑪𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑭𝑼𝑳
𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑻𝑶."

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

The dark haired girl stared in the mirror at the amazing dress Enola had picked out for her. It was luxurious, but not over the top. A pale blue, with a white vested neckline layer. Along with little frills along the stitching.

"You look... breathtaking! I have to say i'm a little proud of my work." Enola smiled, fixing the girl's hair. "So... What now? What does your brother plan to do?..." It was a valid question Adelaide had asked, He couldn't move to a different case because not only would Eleanor have him by his head, but he'd be in every paper for allegedly 'giving up' a case. Tarnishing his reputation.

"He will let you go eventually. He's not a fan of long term company. Not yet at least." Enola rolled her eyes. Taking the girls hands. "Just promise me one thing?..." She asked, looking pleadingly into Adelaide's eyes.

She sighed, and couldn't hide the smile on her face. "You know I can't say no to you Enola Holmes." Enola smiled and looked down at her feet.
"If my brother gets you in a life threatening situation..." Adelaide raised her eyebrow at this, waiting for her to finish. "Just leave. I tend to like you alive." She smiled.

There was then a knock on the door, before Sherlock came in. He stopped when he saw Adelaide's dress, she looked beautiful. But then cleared his throat. "Adelaide, how about we go for breakfast? I have a plan to catch you up on." Adelaide nodded and Enola then stood up. "What? And i'm not included in this plan of yours?" She protested. Sherlock just chuckled and nodded. Adelaide got up and mouthed a 'Sorry' to Enola, before leaving the bedroom with Sherlock.

The two walked beside each other down the street. Honestly speaking, they looked like a young couple to the naked eye. They arrived at the quaint little cafe, not many people being in the little building. They sat across from each other at the table.

"I'll have a tea please." She smiled at the old lady serving them. Sherlock asked for a coffee and then turned to Adelaide. "How do you do it?" He chuckled. Adelaide only gave him a questioning look. "How do you act so... normal with everything going on?" She just smiled.
"Well, I know the fact that i'm not cooped up in your living room is because you had a change of heart from my speech. Manipulation points to me for that." She then paused. "I guess it's cause i'm high status. First lesson I was taught was, whatever happens in the house, stays in the house." Sherlock nodded slowly.

"So... This plan. What exactly is it for?" Adelaide spoke up, her tea warming her cold hands. Sherlock looked up. "If we stage your death, these people looking for you, and the assassins your family are sending, they will all cease." He dropped the bomb on her. She couldn't live a secret life. Not ever. If anything, she lived for loudness. Being outspoken. At 7 years old, she once told off a Lord to his face over his opinions on certain topics. "I'm sorry, That won't do." She asserted. Sherlock only sighed. "Don't you understand? It's either this or you die." Sherlock was now getting angered. He felt she was being selfish, she had so much to live for.
"Then I shall die. I'd rather than live any life you or my mother will provide me with." She admitted. Sherlock furrowed his brows and sat up.
"I can't let that happen. I won't." Adelaide scoffed at his persistence. "Why do you mind so much? I could pay you all the money in the world to let me go." Her voice slightly raised. The tension between them rising. "It's not about the money, Adelaide!" He was now yelling. "Then what is it?!" She glared at him, matching his tone. "It's because I care about you!" He admitted. Slowly realizing what he just said. Adelaide's eyes widened.

"Sherlock wait!" But it was too late. He stormed out of the cafe. She sighed, before putting some money on the table and chasing after him. But of course, London was busy. It was a Friday for godsake! She groaned in defeat and walked back to Sherlock's house.

Her heels clattered against the cobblestone road. She realized she had no idea where she was going. Only ever seeing the road to Sherlock's once, the other time she was unconscious. It was getting late, and many people had saw her. Maybe laying low wasn't that bad of an idea after all...

She rubbed her forearms from the coldness of the night. When, without any warning, a voice spoke up. An extremely heavy drunk one at that.

"Adelaide?..." It was Sherlock. Drunk as a skunk in the middle of London. She couldn't help but chuckle a little. "I'm never letting you live this down. Just a warning."

He smiled and tried to take another swig of whatever it was that was in the bottle he held.
But Adelaide stopped him. She swiftly grabbed the bottle. "Woah, hey I think that's enough alcohol for one night, don't you?" She wrapped her arm around his waist and let him lean on her.
"Are you drunk enough to tell me where you live?" She sighed. He pointed down an alley and then buried his head into her shoulder. His curls itching at her neck. She struggled down the lane, feeling his heavy hiccups from his chest. "Sherlock? Which house is it." He slowly lifted his hand up to point to the building she then recognized. She heaved him up the steps and finally opened the door.

Adelaide had a deep exhale when she finally reached the room. "I swear, you owe me big time when you sober up, Holmes." He just laughed and mumbled gibberish, stumbling about the apartment. "Okay. Time for bed." She helped him into the room and shut the door after she left. Slouching on the sofa and now being exhausted from walking around and then carrying a whole grown ass man to his bed. She curled up and laid her head on a pillow, nearly dozing off, when she heard a door open.

"Sherlock go back to bed." She rubbed her forehead in frustration. When she got no reply, not even a sound. She opened her eyes. Low and behold, a random guy with a large, ginger beard and a popped collar that seriously irritated her stared right back at her.

"Are you here to assassinate me too?..." She sighed. Tired of the lengths her mother went to
to kill her. The man said nothing, but held a knife in his hand. "I'll take that as a yes." She grabbed the fire poker since it was the only thing she could reach. Calling Sherlock would only lead to more problems, given his drunken state. She raised the fire poker at him while the man just stared menacingly at her.

a/n
woah what's gonna happen next?? will adelaide die while sherlock is passed out drunk 15 steps away from her? Find out next time i stop being lazy. Also love all the comments xoxo ❤️❤️