one

┍━

"𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑲𝑵𝑶𝑾 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑲𝑵𝑶𝑾,
𝑰𝑻𝑺 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬, 𝑰𝑻𝑺 𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬 𝑻𝑶 𝑮𝑶."

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

┕━☽【❖】☾━┙

THE TELEPHONE ECHOED THROUGH THE OFFICE. A receptionist picking it up, after a few, "yes'" and "no's", the receptionist then shrieked. "Duchess?!" This caught Sherlocks attention. He signalled for the receptionist to hand him the phone.

"Yes, Sherlock speaking." He spoke proudly through the phone. "This is ridiculous! I've been trying to get a hold of you for a whole hour!" The woman roared. Sherlock chuckled silently.
"My apologies madam. Could you give me your name and reason for calling?" He heard a sigh through the phone.

"It's Duchess Kingsley. Lady Adelaide has gone missing." His brow quirked at this, there were many reasons why someone would kidnap or harm Adelaide. She could be held for a hefty ransom, She could be used for protest, etc. But he couldn't deal with this. "I'm sorry madam, but I already have a priority case on my hands right now." He fiddled with the train ticket in his pocket.
"Unbelievable! My daughter is missing! I want you to show up here by the end of the week, you don't want to know what will happen if you don't."

He sighed and wrapped up the call. Telling the receptionist to ignore her if she calls back. He then got on a carriage, and was met with his brother, Mycroft. "What took you so long, dear brother?"
Sherlock sighed. "Lady Adelaide has gone missing, they want me on the case." Mycroft looked as though his eyes were to pop from his head.
"Lady Kingsley!?" He shrieked. Sherlock rolled his eyes. "We have our mother to attend to first."

When they arrived at the station, they bumped into a small lady, a cloak covering her head to her shoulders. "Apologies." She curtsied out of respect. Mycroft tapped his hat and nodded, while she boarded the train. Sherlock was suspicious though. He studied her attire. The cloak was definitely not part of it. Her dress was designer, incredibly expensive, meaning she came from a good background. She gripped the cloak constantly, meaning she wanted to avoid people seeing her face. Maybe she was running?

Mycroft paid no mind to the girl, and boarded the train. "So, Sherlock. What do you suppose our Mothers done this time."

••●••

The train ride was long and tiring. When Sherlock was exiting, he saw that girl again, she sat up extremely ladylike, glancing at the window every few moments. She was collecting her things and getting ready to leave the train.

Mycroft ushered Sherlock along, as they met a different girl they did not recognise. Then Sherlock was the first to figure it out. "Enola..." He murmured. Mycroft scolded the girl for her appearance and attire, but Sherlock couldn't help but notice the lady again, she quickened her pace and left through the gates, stepping into a carriage.