15

Narrative

Narrative

Paige

—WHAT?— I scream from my bed where I was sleeping very calmly until someone starts knocking very hard in my door.

—Open the door!— I can't recognize the voice behind the door.

—I'm trying to sleep— I say getting up to open the door facing Mads. A big smile comes to my face, she gives a hug while we are hugging I brush my hair with my hands trying to look acceptable —Great surprise, but why you just wake me up?

—Really Paige?— she rolls her eyes entering my room. Maddison sits in my bed and shows her phone showing that it's my birthday —Happy birthday P.

—I totally forgot— I slap my hand in my face —But you didn't had to come here in the middle of the night.

—I wanted to be the first one to wish you happy birthday— she grabs my hand and pushing me to the bed, she puts her other hand in my waist bringing me closer to her —So 21 are you feeling old already?

She takes me off my transe —Nah, still very young— I laugh while she puts her head in my chest —And when you turn 21?

—Just in December— I nod with my head, brushing her hair with my hands —So what are you doing today?

—Nothing much, probably stay in my room until the party— she looks at me confused —Don't look at me like that Mads.

—You aren't staying all day in your room— she turns her head to me —Lest go shopping! I buy you whatever you want.

—Definitely no— she looked at me with puppy eyes making me change my opinion —Okay, just don't look at me with that eyes again.

—But you changed your opinion, so I'm definitely using again— she says with her lip between her perfect white teeth.

—Whatever— I roll my eyes after a long eye contact with Maddison.

We felt asleep and to be honest it was the best sleep I ever had. I wake up with my alarm, I insulted myself in my head before Mads also wake up and looked at me it lazy eyes.

—Good morning— I say with my hand in her hair.

—Morning— she whisperers while getting up —Can I take a shower?— she asks grabbing some of my clothes.

—Of course, I'm going to make breakfast— I go to the kitchen finding Azzi and Nika looking at me with stupid smiles both give happy birthday and some hugs but still with that weird smiles —What?

—Nothing...— Nika sends a side eye to Azzi —Where's Maddy? You two had fun last night?— my smile disappeared and my cheeks go red.

—What? We didn't had sex okay?!— I say fast before Nika started laughing.

—We never said that— Azzi grabs the milk from my hand —We just went to your bedroom and you two were cuddling like a cute couple.

—Can you just shut up?— I roll my eyes and flip them off —She just show up to give happy birthday and slept here, anyone have a problem with that?— I say putting the cereals in the bowl.

—Hey girls!— Maddy comes out of my room with her hair wet in her shoulders, one of my UConn sweaters and my grey pants. How can a person be so beautiful??

—Close your mouth— Nika whispers to me making me realize that my jaw dropped while looking to Maddy.

—Hey Maddy— Azzi hug her and both sat in the table.

—So me and Paige are going shopping you two want to go?— I sat beside Maddy and Nika in my other side.

—I'm going out with Denna— I look at Azzi with a proud smile.

—Finally! You were talking about this girl for weeks— I laugh grabbing the milk.

—You speak like you don't talk about someone— Nika whispers but is enough for Maddison to hear and do a little laugh, I fell my cheeks go red and hit with my elbow in Nika's arm —I'm not lying.

—And what about Kells?— Maddy ask Nika that do a shy smile while looking down to her bowl —I talked with her, she is really enjoying being with you.

—You think?— the girl ask exited —I really like her.

We talked for a while before I went to shower, after, Maddy and I went to the mall. It was really nice, Maddison tried to buy some things but I always insisted to pay. We some time almost welded hands but never actually did, this make me really frustrated but never showed.

—So you want me to pick you up for the party?— I send her a nice smile to her.

—Of course, I have no idea where is the party— she says opening her apartment door —Today was really fun. Thanks Paige.

—The party is going to be even more— I hug her with a silly smile, she says goodbye and go to her room.

I go to my car and drive back to my dorm, after a while I start getting ready to my party. The party is very simple is just the team and some friends in a restaurant in campus. I decide to go with some white baggy jeans, a black top with a jacket a bit nicer than usual.

 I decide to go with some white baggy jeans, a black top with a jacket a bit nicer than usual