09

Narrative

Narrative

Maddy

After being at Rafe's dorm all day I decided that I'm going to that party and not letting Paige hurt me. So now I'm in facetime with Hailey and she is helping me with my clothes.

—So I need help with my clothes— I say after explaining everything that happened yesterday.

—Are you really running away from our talk?— she says mad.

—Ley, just shut up and help me— she roll her eyes and nodded with her head —Like I was thinking a white top and some jeans, obviously with a jacket.

—Yeah totally agree, that red jacket you have!— she remembers and I go to look for my jacket —That one!

—I'm going to ate this outfit— I say laughing —Wait a second— I come back fully clothed and grabbed my phone going to the bathroom —What you think?

—Gorgeous! I'm going to fall in love!— we laugh and I started putting my makeup, like always not to much —If I get injured in my leg one day I'm going to ask to help me with my clothes, because you in crutches look better than me!

—Is this Hailey Van Lith saying that someone looks better than her— I say sarcastically —I'm in heaven?

—Don't get used to it— I flip her off and went back to my room —Are you going to talk with Paige?

—Definitely no— my smile goes away —I'm going to have fun with my friends, not with Paige.

—Yes girl! That's the confident Maddy that I like— I laugh looking at my friend.

—Ley, you love every Maddy versions— she agrees with her head —Are you coming here to play against UConn?

—Yeah in two weeks right?— I confirm and go outside my apartment.

—I'm going to the party, maybe I call you tomorrow— I started walking around.

—You are definitely calling me— Hailey says ending the call.

After a long walk to the party, I finally arrived. I went walking because Rafe couldn't come to the party and the only other person that I would ask is Paige, so I decided to go walking.

—Maddy! Finally everyone is already were— Ice says giving me a hug.

—Hey— I smile at her and go to the rest of the girls. The house is full of people walking around with music blasting.

—Maddy!— Azzi grabs to the couch, she is clearly drunk —Whats upp?

—I'm fine— I laugh at her that grabs a shot and drink.

—Yeah you are— my jaw dropped and I started laughing —Wait. I can't say that you are Paige's girl.

—No I'm not— I look at Azzi playing with her hair —How are you already drunk?

—The pre-game was fire— she gives me a  shot —Paige is even worse!

—What?— I look around looking for the blonde —Where is Paige?

—Do you think that I know?— Azzi says giving me a hug —You are so cool! I can't believe that I hated you.

—It's okay, I used to hate you to— she laughs falling of the couch —Azzi! I think you should slow down.

—What? I'm great, you see, still can drink this— she grabs a random cup and drinks it.

—Come here— I grabbed her hand and went to the bathroom —Let's wash that face.

—You are such an angel— Azzi says washing her face —I now understand why P likes you— my face goes red but I shake my head.

—Breathe a bit in here and then I'm walking you home— I say going outside of the bathroom.

One of the worst things that can happen is trying to walk in crutches in a party is literally impossible. I noticed that my favorite song is playing, pyramids by Frank Ocean, I mumble the lyrics trying to find someone that I know. But I found the worst thing that I could find. Paige Bueckers kissing a random girl against the wall, with her hands in her waist, just like she did to me yesterday. I felt tears going down my face while I go outside of the house.

Maddy? Are you fine?— Rafe ask from the other side of the phone —Maddy? I can hear you sobbing. Here are you? I'm coming to pick you up.

I'm in that party— I say while crying —That I talked about yesterday.

I'm going, try to breathe better— I do what Rafe says —What happen? It was Paige?

—Yes— I say rubbing my eyes —She... She was kissing a girl...

Fuck...— Rafe stays in silence —I'm going to kill her! I'm almost arriving.

I see Rafe car pulling over, he runs to me and hugs me —Don't cry, she doesn't deserve your tears.

—I can't believe— I say crying —I should be at my room crying because she doesn't want to kiss, not because she wants to make out with some random girl!

—The big trio in my dorm?— he says inside of the car I declined with my head.

—In your dorm, just crying and sleeping— I say wiping the tears. I put my head in the window until we arrived.

When we arrived at his dorm, Rafe gave me a UConn hoddie and some random shorts he had.

The rest of the night I slept cuddling him and crying. I just can't erase that image of my head, that random brunette putting her hands in Paige face. My Paige.