06

Narrative

Narrative

Maddy

Since the dinner I been spending most of the time with their team but especially Paige, we are becoming good friends, her company makes me forget my injury and she is always trying to put a smile on my face.

Today is the first game that I go with them, its a away game so we need to go by plane. I'm getting ready to go, I grab my bag and I walk with difficulty to the door.
I go down the bulding and face Paige in front of her car, using her phone.

—Paige?— I go closer to the blonde —Why are you here?

—Azzi told me that you needed ride, so I'm here— she gives me a smile that I return —Lets go.

The car ride was silent but not a awkward one, a nice one. We arrived to the bulding and everyone was already there, after a small talk with the girls we enter the bus that take us to the airport. About one hour later only me, Paige and the coachs were awake.

—Maddison, do you want to play a game?— Paige says looking with a smile, I nodded yes with my head —So I make a question and you have to aswer then you make the question and I aswer.

—Okay, you can start— I sit better to be able to look at her.

—Favourite singer?— I laugh.

—Frank Ocean, obviously, yours?— I look at her blue eyes.

—Drake or SZA, favourite nba player?— I take a time to think.

—Probally Giannis, but Curry is my inspiration— I laugh looking at the girls that are sleeping —Why do you always call me Maddison, everyone calls me Maddy.

—I really don't know maybe I want to be different than everbody— she looks to her hands.

—So start calling something else, people only call me Maddison when their are mad at me— she bits her lip.

—What about Mads?— my smile goes away with the name —Whats up? You didn't liked?

—I liked, its just a thing of another day— Paige notices my quick change of mood, I started playing with my fingers while looking down. Paige looks at me for a while and her eyes fall to my hands, the blonde puts her hand on top of mine, my cheeks turn red with her warm touch on my hands.

We stayed like the rest of the time we waited, after a long time we went to the plane, it wasn't full but it was a lot of people. I sat in the window with Azzi and Nika by my side. About ten minutes after the plane started I was slepping.

Paige

We just arrived to Delaware, I noticed that Maddison was having a hard time trying to take her bag.

—Maddison, you need help with that?— I point to her bag.

—Yes— she says with a big smile —My knee is killing me right now— I put my arm around her shounders —And I already told you to stop calling me Maddison, you can call me Mads.

—Yeah, but you looked sad— she laughs putting her hat backwards.

—It's okay, I don't care, I just remember something I don't want to remember— I looked at her confused —My best friend in Portugal called me that and before I came to the US, I told her that I was in love with her and she just said "ew "— she looks at me with a fake smile —In my last day in Portugal, my first love broke my heart it just a word.

—Damn— Maddison looks to the ground —Thats fuck up.

—Yeah... But now thats all behind and she probally doesn't remember me so— she looks at me.

—Yo Paige!— Azzi calls me —Come here!— I go walking to the girls.

After we arrived at the hotel, we went to our rooms. I stayed with Azzi in my room.

—Whats happenig with you and Maddy?— she asks putting her shoes in her bag.

—What do you mean?— I look at her confused, Azzi just laughs.

—You two are always together, and I've never seen you look at someone the same way you look at Maddy— I roll my eyes.

—I really don't know— I lay down in my bed —I think that I just like her company.

—If you say so...— she laughs looking at me with a little smile.

I had a rough time falling asleep, Mads was in my mind all the time, her laugh, her smile, her eyes everthing about her is perfect. She is doing something to me, I never felt this with my ex-girlfriends.

 She is doing something to me, I never felt this with my ex-girlfriends