Chapter 14 - Rusty Sword Again (2)

Instead of answering, Cassion indicated the baskets in his hand.

"Ganien-nim, Carry this for me."

And in the eyes of Ganien, Cassion seemed to say, 'You can't leave it all to Ruel,' as he passed all the baskets over casually.

"Can you still find me after?"

Ruel asked before turning around.

"Don't worry, I can find you even if you were to fall in the desert."

With those words, Cassion quietly disappeared.

Ruel saw him leave and then followed after the children.

How long had he walked?

The children suddenly stopped and pointed to a place full of soldiers and adventurers.

In front of them was a large building. It was as if three to four other buildings were combined.

"What a big warehouse!"

'Ugh... I'm feeling a bit nauseous.'

"Ruel-nim" Ganien said quietly.

Ruel looked at him instead of answering.

There was a brief glow in Ganien's blue eyes as he caressed the handle of the sword at his waist.

"I don't think he's an ordinary thief."

"What is he then?"

"He's not as good as I am, but he is definitely a man of ability. If our strength were ranked, with the strongest at 10, he would be a four."

"And you?"

"I'm a six." He said humbly.

Ganien was already on the level of a monster. Ruel couldn't even imagine what it would be like to go beyond that.

"For your information, Cassion is between five and six. Maybe we can make it to 7. I haven't really shown my skills yet either."

Ganien went on as if he was giving me the benefit of the doubt.

Ruel was stunned for a moment.

'Was Cassion that strong?'

I only wanted his service because he seemed quite useful, but he turned out to be quite the catch.

'What an unexpected windfall!'

Ruel raised the corners of his mouth.

"Sick looking brother, come quickly!"

"Hurry! I'm hungry."

Ruel and Ganien speeded up a little at the sound of the children's voices.

As they moved away Ruel looked at the oversized warehouse once again.

'The fact that someone powerful intervened means this can't be brushed up as ordinary.'

It was a clear crime to rob the large warehouse, no matter how much it was entangled with the former aristocrats.

Those who challenged the powerful, regardless of their intentions, usually started with the support of ordinary people.

It was a good time for them to be active when the resentment of the common people exploded due to the harsh taxes raised by the Barons.

'This is not good. I have a bad feeling about this.'

Once the flame of the rebellion is ignited, it could not be quenched easily. This has to be dealt with before it explodes.