Chapter 4 - Why are you coming out of there? (1)

"No. You're praising me for something I'm not worthy of. All I have done is for Setiria and for you, my Lord."

Pretending to be moved by Mineta's words, I watched Mineta shake his head from side to side.

"Please make sure to take care of yourself and get back to where you once were."

"You must be busy, Mineta, you can go."

I was satisfied with this meeting since I got to see whom I'm against, this occasion was inevitable, he would have come to see how I was doing anyway.

Mineta, as expected, rose from his seat without any hesitation.

"That's true. I'm afraid you're having a harder time because of me."

"Go home safely."

Although he spoke calmly, Ruel's appearance resembled that of a patient who had only a few days left to live.

Mineta had a feeling that he didn't have to wait much longer. What he wanted was almost within his reach. He bent down as if he wasn't willing to leave.

"Make sure you get well."

"Mineta, don't worry, I'll be coming back...to my rightful place."

Mineta paused for a moment and looked taken back as he bowed to Ruel. As he rose, his eyes were filled with indescribable emotions that were not there earlier. It wasn't hard to see the condescending gleam in his eyes as he left the room.

Fuu... I almost ruined my performance back then, I didn't know what that look was, but I knew it was nothing good.

***

Mineta walked outside while lightly biting his lips.

"Mineta-nim."

Cassion was waiting for him. Mineta quietly gestured to him and went out of the mansion to the main gate, he asked Cassion.

"What was that in there?"

"I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"Have you gone blind?"

"... Ah."

"Do you know something? Maybe the medicine didn't work?"

"Those who are close to death originally have false hopes. Don't think too much."

Cassion looked back calmly at the restless Mineta who by now had calmed down a bit.

"But did you mix something in the medicine?"

"He's going to die soon, so I just added something extra, fastening his condition, so there's no concern about getting caught."

"That's not like what's on my contract. It has to be me who should be killing him."

Mineta's flustered face had a fierce look. "It just makes him weak, so don't think too much into it. It is your job to see if the work is done. Don't neglect to watch him."

"Of course, as reported, he's gotten worse."

"I saw it with my own eyes."

Tch.

Annoyed Cassion clicked his tongue at Mineta. His eyes were as if a viper was staring at its prey, but at this moment there was nothing he could do.

Cassion raised his hand after confirming that Mineta had left.

"Yes, sir."

Immediately three people appeared behind him.

Cassion took the packet of medicine out of his pocket.