PART 6 - TEQUILA

TAYLOR

Harper has been throwing me furtive looks ever since we sat down for dinner. We've barely said a word to each other since I offered to make us lasagne. Apart from the scraping of cutlery and the rain that's lashing down outside, the lodge is silent and it's fucking painful. 

Huffing, I feel my frustration growing, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. I've nothing in common with this girl, I've no idea what to say to her.

My ears suddenly pick up the sound of fast approaching paws, I already know who they belong too, but it still surprises he's come all this way in the rain tonight none the less when I made it clear he needed to stay away whilst I tried to get my new mate settled in.

Harper looks over her shoulder towards the door now also, no doubt her wolf ears picking up the heavy-set thud of our late night caller making his way up my porch steps.

I could do without this tonight.

Without even knocking, my younger brother Jenson throws open the door fully naked after shifting back from his wolf and pulls out a bottle of tequila from a satchel he must have been carrying in his jaws the whole way here. He's dripping wet, but what's more fucking annoying about him is that he has a huge fucking smile plastered across his good-looking face.

"I hear congratulations is in order!" Jenson bellows as he swaggers into my home uninvited as Harper snaps her head back around frantically blushing at my brothers wet naked torso as his dick swings about unashamedly whilst he strolls in like the cocky bastard he always is.

"Clothes. Now." I growl at him as I point to the clothes box I have by the door that always has spares in it ready for shifting visitors

My brother rolls his eyes, but his grin doesn't drop from his face as he slams down the bottle of tequila in the centre of the table making the plates rattle and Harper jump before he pulls on some shorts but doesn't bother with a top. Pulling out a chair for himself, he pushes back his damp dark locks from his face before he drags the lasagne dish that was half served up towards him, grabs my fork and starts to dig in as Harper and I stop eating to watch him.

"Ahh man, I thought I was gonna miss family dinner. Just in time, right?" Jenson smirks with a mouthful of food as he looks between us.

My eyes flick onto my mate who's now chewing on her bottom lip looking so uncomfortable it starts to get my back up.

"Hey, I'm Jenson by the way. Taylors better looking and younger brother." Jenson smirks, holding his hand out to my mate to shake.

"Oh hi... umm... I'm Harper." Harper says quietly as she extends her hand politely to shake just for my brother to flip it over then kiss the back of her hand as I scowl at him.

"Not so formal babe, we're family now." Jenson grins as he gets to his feet and pulls Harper into a tango like dance around my kitchen making her yelp then giggle with surprise as my wolf starts to get real fucking moody at his antics.

Brother or not, Jenson's an unmated wolf and Harpers mine.

"Enough." I roar, slamming my hand down on the table just as Jenson spins my flustered mate out before letting her go so, she clings on top the back of her dining room chair to steady herself.  Her eyes fix onto mine and she looks almost embarrassed to be caught having fun with another wolf.

Behind her, my brother looks down to check out her ass whilst she's not looking before putting his thumbs up and mouthing 'fucking hot.' to me as my jaw tenses up.  Growling, I cross my arms over as Harper sinks back into her seat slowly not knowing where to look as my brother barks out a laugh before grabbing three small glasses from my shelf. He knows better than to wind me up, but classic Jenson always likes to play games.