Chapter 45 | Rice Cracker?

*second person p.o.v.*

After bickering with Haganezuka and speaking with Mr. Kanamori, you had all headed back for dinner.

You were using the restroom as Tanjiro was speaking by himself with Genya. On your way back to the room, you heard Genya shouting at Tanjiro.

"How should I know? Get out of here! Stop talking to me like we're friends!" You slid open the door with a look of confusion.

"What's with all the shouting? I thought you and Tanjiro were friends.." You tilted your head and took a seat next to Tanjiro.

Genya froze once again, but then put his attention back on Tanjiro, ignoring you completely.

"We're not friends! You broke my arm last time, remember?" He exclaimed, yelling once again.

"That was totally your own fault for hitting a girl, Genya. Besides, my older sister was the one that broke your wrist. She's pretty cool, right?" Tanjiro smiled, you swear you could see sparkles around him.

"D-don't call me by my first time!" Genya's gaze went towards you and then back to Tanjiro again. "These rice crackers are delicious! Want one?" Tanjiro offered.

"Damn you! No, I don't want one! Get lost!" You winced at his loud voice and then noticed something.

"Your tooth... didn't you lose a front tooth at the hot spring?" You asked, watching as his face relaxed once you spoke.

But his face hardened just as fast. He turned to the side with his gaze slightly lowered. "You must've been imagining things." He mumbled.

"No, I don't think she was. I've got the tooth right here." In Tanjiro's palm was a tooth. Genya turned around with cold sweat dripping down his face as he exclaimed.

"Why'd you pick it up? You sure are creepy, you know that?!" Tanjiro stared at him innocently.

"But you dropped it, so I thought that I'd return it." Tanjiro stared back down at his palm with the tooth.

"Are you out of your mind?! Toss that thing!" Genya was freaking out so he grabbed Tanjiro and kicked him out while telling him to get out of his sight, and then slammed the door.

"Uhm... I think you forgot my sister!" Tanjiro said. Genya turned to you and stared down. "Rice cracker?" You felt a drop of sweat roll down your face as you shrunk in Genya's gaze.

He walked over to you, so you closed your eyes on instinct, afraid of what he might do.

Surprisingly, he walked behind you and put his arms under your armpits and began to carry you like a cat to the door.

Gently sliding the door open, he set you down slowly and bowed his head with his face flushed. "Goodnight, Y/n." Then, the door shut again.

You and Tanjiro made your way back to your own room and you went to go sit with Nezuko to braid her hair.

"Tanjiro, come help me." Tanjiro nodded with a smile and followed your actions as Nezuko was humming cutely.

"I wonder why Genya's so mad all the time. Maybe he's just hungry. Wanna ask Genya to breakfast tomorrow morning?" You and Nezuko nodded in response to Tanjiro.

"We've already soaked in the hot spring, so the next step is to eat together, I think. I'd like to get closer to Genya." Tanjiro continued to babble on about Genya.

"I'm sure Genya would be delighted to eat with you, Tanjiro." You smiled, finishing the braid and moving on to the other.

You and Tanjiro were braiding the same hairstyle as Mitsuri's. "That's easy for you to say, Y/n. I think Genya already likes you. He was so gentle with you, but he kicked me out harshly." Tanjiro sighed.