Chapter 30 | Charming

*second person p.o.v.*

"You came alone again today, Tanjiro?" Aoi asked. "I'm sorry! I tried to get them to tag along, but....." Tanjiro bowed and panted as Aoi turned around, crossing her arms over her chest. "Well, it doesn't matter to me." Aoi said.

"I'll give them another nudge later!" Tanjiro stood back up to his full height. "Now, let's get training shall we?" You smiled. "Right!" Tanjiro nodded.

"Ready? Go!" Aoi shouted. Tanjiro ran at you with full speed with his arm out ready to tag you. From Tanjiro's eyes, it seemed like you disappeared.

He caught your scent from behind him and turned his body back around, almost touching you, but you managed to duck under him.

"Huh-?!" Tanjiro fell to the ground due to him keeping eye contact with you. He groaned and turned to his back. "I don't understand! How do you disappear and reappear? How do you do that?" Tanjiro asked, sitting back up.

"Ah, so you can't do it yet?" You questioned with a sheepish chuckle. "Do what? That disappearing trick? No, i can't." He asked. "You know what, maybe that's enough of tag. Let's move outside now, 'kay?" You suggested. "Good idea!" Aoi agreed.

Tanjiro went outside and began to run around and lift the rocks there, going through the trees there and jumping over the mini pond. You decided you also wanted to join Tanjiro, so you went over to the bars. You went over to the highest one, and jumped up, using both hands to keep your weight up.

You swung your legs back and forth, swinging them all the way up and hooking them on the bar. You let go and dangled upside down, seeing Tanjiro dash past you.

"You should slow down, Tanjiro." You said. "No can do! I've got to get stronger!" He shouted.

Brushing it off, you put your hands together behind your head and slowly lift yourself up until you were up right again.

You went back to your original dangling position and repeated the process, going up and back down again.

This was an exercise you did everyday to strengthen your legs and stomach, since you had gotten a stab wound a few weeks back -which left a scar. You went at this until the sun set, finally going inside to see Tanjiro bow down to Aoi.

"Thanks a bunch!" Tanjiro thanked. Aoi crossed her arms and scoffed, looking away. You looked to the door to see Inosuke and Zenitsu.

"Zenitsu! Inosuke!" Tanjiro called out. The two only ran away after being caught by their friends. "I refuse to get involved." Aoi declined.

The next day, you and Tanjiro were to blow through one of the gourds the three little girls gave you and Tanjiro.

You and Tanjiro took a deep breath and blew into it with all your might. "You can do it!" Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi cheered.

You and Tanjiro blew even harder, and that's when the gourds cracked. Finally, it cracked, and soon it broke apart. "It broke!" Tanjiro jumped up in joy. "All right!" You and Tanjiro high-fived joyfully.

Naho came back with the large gourd, which caught your attention. "Now all that's left to do is break this one!" Naho exclaimed. "Yeah!" Tanjiro agreed.

"Yay, Y/n, we did it! Thanks, all of you!" Tanjiro cheered happily. You gave all of the three girls affectionate head pats to show your gratitude. "Yes, thank you all for your help." You smiled.

"I'm gonna head inside, alright?" You said, standing up. "Where are you going?" Tanjiro asked, tilting his head.

"I've got to do my workout, y'know?" You chuckled. "Oh, okay! See you later!" They all waved as you departed, leaving them all to hang out with each other.