Chapter 19 | Wisteria Family Crest

*second person p.o.v.*

As you all buried a body, you heard a loud yell. "He's alive!" Zenitsu gasped. "Fight me! Fight me! Hey, you! Come 'ere!" Inosuke ran after Zenitsu. "This is how he acts when he wakes up? I hate that more than anything!" Zenitsu screamed fearfully and hid behind Teruko again. You all paused and stared at Inosuke. 

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Inosuke asked and pointed a finger. "It's a burial." You explained. "Hah?" Inosuke looked at you like you were the crazy one. "Come help us out, Inosuke. There are still people who were killed inside that house." Tanjiro said.

"What's the point of burying the corpses of these creatures? I ain't doing that! Count me out! Forget that! Fight me instead!" Inosuke yelled. "I see. You can't do it because your wounds are hurting you." Inosuke took what Tanjiro said to offense. 

"Don't worry, it's fine. Everyone has a different pain threshold. It's a lot of work to carry the bodies outside and give them a proper burial. We'll do all the best we can, so don't worry! You should go get some rest. Sorry for asking too much of you." Tanjiro said.

You face palmed with a sigh. 'He's completely off.'  You thought. Inosuke yelled out in anger and annoyance. "Don't underestimate me, dammit! I'll bury a hundred -no, two hundred of your corpses! Just you watch! I'm going to bury more than any of you!" Inosuke exclaimed, jumping up and down.

*mini timeskip*

You, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and the three children prayed as Inosuke charged into trees head-first. "Descend the mountain!" Your crow flew over and cawed. "That crow is talking!" One of the three children said. "Just don't think anymore." The older brother said. "Okay." Teruko nodded. "All right, follow me! Follow yours truly!" Listening to your crow, everyone began to walk.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" Inosuke asked. "We're descending the mountain." Tanjiro replied. "We're not done with our battle yet!" Inosuke snapped. 

"You're exhausted, aren't you? Come on, we're heading down." Tanjiro said. "I'm not exhausted! Let's fight!" Inosuke dashed from his spot and caught up to everyone else.

"I won't have it! I won't have it! I won't have it! You can't go, Shouichi! You're so strong, Shouichi! Shouichi is the one who's gonna protect me!" Zenitsu cried whilst shaking Shouichi back and forth. Tanjiro pulled Zenitsu away while you took Shouichi. 

"Can't you see Shouichi doesn't want to stay?" Tanjiro asked. "Please don't leave me behind!" Zenitsu continued crying. "Cease this right now!" Tanjiro chopped Zenitsu's neck, which shut him up.

Your crow flew over and went in front of the eldest brother. "Hold out your hands!" He did as asked and ended up having your crow puke out something onto his hand. The eldest brother nervously screamed in confusion. 

"That will ward off the demons. Carrier of the rareblood, keep that on your person!" Your crow finished explaining and sat on your shoulder. "It smells of wisteria." You stated. "Wisteria?" The eldest brother echoed. "It's a flower that demons can't tolerate. You should hold onto that." You explained. "Demon repellent! Demon repellent!" Your crow repeated.

"We're truly grateful! We can get home on our own." The eldest brother said, leaning on his younger brother, Shouichi. "Take care now." You waved. "Safe travels!" Tanjiro smiled as if he wasn't holding onto a passed out Zenitsu and Inosuke kept on charging and hitting his head against the trees in the background. 

"Now then, follow me! Follow yours truly!" You crow flew ahead and directed you down the hill. The sun slowly setted as you all descended the mountain. "Fight me! I swear i'm gonna find a weak point and bring you down, loser!" You sighed as you listened to Inosuke argue with Tanjiro as you held Zenitsu.

"My name's not 'loser'! It's Tanjiro Kamado!" Tanjiro corrected Inosuke with an annoyed expression. "Gonpachiro Kamaboko! I'm gonna bring you down!" Inosuke declared, unaware that he said Tanjiro's name wrong. 

"Who the hell are you talking about?!" Tanjiro fumed. "That'd be you!" Inosuke shot back. "I don't know anyone by that name!" Tanjiro said. "Can't you just shut up?!" Zenitsu screeched from your back.

"Tone it down a little. You're all being too loud." You muttered. Tanjiro immediately smiled and looked over at you. "Of course, big sis." You swear you could see flowers and rainbows floating around Tanjiro. "Oh my God! A woman's carrying me!" Zenitsu squealed and hugged your back. "This is gonna be one long walk." You mumbled.

Where the sun once was, is now where moon was. You stood in front of large wooden doors with the word 'wisteria' imprinted on it. "A wisteria family crest...." You pointed out aloud. Your crow suddenly squacked. 

"Time to rest! Time to rest! Since you've sustained heavy injuries, you are to rest until you are fully recovered!" Your crow sat in the palms of your hands, staring up at you with big eyes. "Are you sure it's okay to rest? We just fought a demon despite being injured, y'know." Tanjiro said. "Ke-ke-ke." Your crow replied. "'Ke-ke-ke'?" Tanjiro repeated dumbfounded.

"Let's just eat this thing!" Inosuke suddenly suggested. "No, Inosuke." You looked at Inosuke sternly, though he couldn't see your face. "What?" Your crow asked. The door opened to reveal a small old lady with big, fluffy hair. "Yes?" She asked. 

"Sorry to bother you so late." You sheepishly replied. "A monster! It's a monster!" Zenitsu fearfully exclaimed. "Hey, you!" Tanjiro turned to Zenitsu with a sharp glare. "Who the hell are you?" Inosuke stomped over and stoof in front of the bowing old lady.

"I see you're a demon hunter." The lady said. "You look pretty weak!" Inosuke disrespectfully poked the woman's fluffy hair. "Hey." You walked over and slapped Inosuke's hand away. "Come in." You all stepped through the wooden doors and followed the old lady. 

"That old lady sure walks fast!" Zenitsu said. "This is where you'll be staying." You followed her into the house. "Here's a change of clothes. And here is your meal." She said. You all went into your rooms and got dressed into the change of clothes given.

You had your own room, since you were a girl. Your change of clothes was a white kimono with red hakama pants. You stepped out of your room to see Tanjiro punching Zenitsu's head. "Let's go." You all sat down and said a little 'ikadakimasu' before digging in. 

Inosuke grabbed handfuls of food and shoved it in his mouth. "Use your chopsticks." Zenitsu said. Inosuke didn't listen and kept on using his hands, stealing other people's food and smiling.

"If you're that hungry, you can have this, too." Tanjiro offered Inosuke food, which made him scream in anger. Inosuke declined his offer and angrily shoveled food into his mouth. 

Watching them silently, you take off your mask and set it by your side, grabbing your chopsticks. "What the hell?!" Zenitsu exclaimed.

___________________________________________________

(1160 words)