Exactly. Ex-wife, Nothing Else

Tristian stood up and walked towards his wife with blurry vision, he was happy but also emotional. He adjusted her bed, poured a glass of water and helped her drink it. After she had enough of the water, he set the glass down on a nearby table before turning to her, he tucked a hair behind her ear.

"How are you feeling?" He asked wiping his unshed tears.

"I'm good," she replied, her voice was hoarse and dry for not speaking long. The boys came running towards her, they climbed the bed from each side before hugging her.

"I miss you big men," she said wrapping her arms around them. "We missed you too," they chorused with a smile. She smiled in returned as she kissed their foreheads lovingly while Tristian watched them with a smile on his face. Ricardo and Jaden came and stand beside Lucian as Scarlett turned to look at her husband.

"Hey sis, how are you feeling?" Ricardo asked bending over and placing a brotherly kiss on the crown of her head. "I'm good," she replied as he stood back up. Scarlett looked at the young man with with curly blonde hair and blue eyes with raised brows whiles he grinned in return.

"This is my brother Jaden," Tristian introduced with an eye roll at his younger brother's stupid and cocky grin. Scarlett nodded in understanding as she returned Jaden's grin with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Jaden," she said, after they exchange pleasantries, Ricardo and Jaden left with the boys as it was getting pretty late. "Babe, I want to bath," Scarlett said looking at Tristian.

"Okay, wait for a few minutes and I'll get the bathtub ready with warm water," Tristian replied vanishing into the bathroom with a smile. He misses her calling him that actually, damn he sounds clingy but he doesn't care. He run the bath, added some salt and other bathing essentials before exiting the bathroom. He carefully removed the IV drip from her skin before carrying her to the bathroom. He sat her on the toilet seat, helped her out of her gown and into the bathtub. He took his time in bathing her before getting her out of the bathtub, drying her wet skin with a towel and her hair as well.

After that, he made her wear a bathrobe and took her to the ward to blow-dry her hair so she wouldn't catch a cold, he dressed her in one of his shirt and a cotton short he had bought her from online a week ago, he was glad it fitted her perfectly. He called the doctor to check her up while he called his mom to bring them some homemade food for dinner as she has been complaining of hunger in the bathroom.

"How long have I been out?" Scarlett asked Tristian curiously while her question made him feel uncomfortable.

"Three and a half months," he replied looking at her intently not wanting to miss her reaction, she looked pretty shocked but after sometime she nodded in understanding before asking him another question.

"And how many times have you been to work?" She asked looking at him.

"Not at all," he replied in embarrassment.

"Okay, come here," she beckoned softly which he did, he laid beside her with his head on her chest as she run her fingers through his now long hair gently before kissing his head as he closed his eyes. Tristian mother brought them dinner, made sure they are before leaving the couple who went to sleep after watching some few movies, this is the most peaceful sleep Tristian has ever had during the past three and a half months, knowing that she's fine made him feel at peace while sleeping.

The next day, Tristian helped his wife with everything before carrying her out of the ward, he was taking her to take a scan but just as he was about to go into the doctor's office, he heard a familiar voice called him. If it was in the past he would have been happy that person was calling him and his heart would have sped up with excitement and anticipation of what she would say next. His damn heart would have skipped a beat but hearing his name from her lips is just like hearing a baseless word from a passerby. Now that he thought about it he realized he was a great fool back then.