She Is

She's an exception, he muttered with a smile. A knock on his office door interrupted his thoughts.

His assistant walked in. "Good morning sir," he greeted.

"Good morning," Tristian responded switching on his Big Apple laptop.

"You've got a meeting in five minutes and a dinner date at eight tonight," he informed in a professional tone.

"Cancel the date, there's no need for that anymore," he replied calmly, his assistant looked at him in shock.

"Sir but the young masters have to meet her tomorrow," his assistant reminded him.

"They've found someone for me already and she's good so don't worry," he reassured his shocked assistant flipping through a yellow folder.

"Ooohhh okay," he heard his assistant reply, confusingly walking out.

Tristian sighed softly, he stood up and walked out. The chatter in the meeting room died down when he opened the glass door and entered, good morning president, everyone chorused while he walked towards his chair, he acknowledged their greetings with a nod.

Unlike the aura he portrays at home, this one was different and difficult to approach, he sat down on his chair with a poker face.

"Let's begin," he said coldly, a young lady who was sitting just on his right-hand side stood up with a folder in her hand, her office skirt was too tight and short and she had deliberately left two buttons of her shirt open showing a little bit of cleavage.

Her face was caked up in too much makeup, making Tristian cringe internally, just when he was about to say something his assistant came in and whispered something into his ears making his eyes light up ever so slightly.

"Let her in," he said to his assistant quietly which he did. The assistant opened the door widely, and seconds later a clicking of heels could be heard from the other side, and before anyone could think further the slender figure of a beautiful woman appeared in the meeting room. 

Scarlett walked towards Tristian looking at the woman with dirty brown hair with a frown between her brows.

She stood beside Tristian still looking at most of the women with furrowed brows. She wonders why most of them were dressed like whores rather than employees. 

"Hey..., are you okay?" Tristian asked looking at her worriedly, the way she was staring at his employees with furrowed brows in thought was worrying him.

"Yes," I'm fine baby," she replied absence mindedly shocking Tristian and his employees. Tristian had never felt his heart beat faster than it did at that moment when she had called him baby.

Scarlett turned to look at Tristian with a sigh. "I decided not to go to the office today, I'm tired, mentally and physically. I don't want to go home yet so I thought I could come and stay here till you close," she said gently.

"Okay you can stay here as long as you want okay," he said to her leading her towards the long couch not bothering to ask how she found out where he worked. He bought it because his twins sometimes come to the company unexpectedly, and he was glad it paid off in another way. 

"Are you sure you're okay...?" he asked sitting down with her.

"Yeah don't worry, carry on with the meeting," she reassured him with a smile but her smile was weak which made him frown in worry.

"Okay if you need anything I will be right there, he said softly which she nodded at. Seeing her nod weakly thug at the strings of his heart in strange ways.

Tristian went to his chair under the unbelieving gaze of his employees, they couldn't wrap their heads around the whole thing that happened just now, Tristian never brought any of his girlfriends to his company, except the last time one of them came to the company without his permission he had broken up with her right there at that moment, he didn't give a fuck about the fact that his employees were there but today he softens his tone and aura around the woman sitting there.

"Let's continue," Tristian said coldly, his aura changed within a second making the employees sigh in their hearts.

The meeting lasted for one hour, the employees didn't miss how Tristian kept glancing at the woman's name they still didn't know, some of the women were seething with jealousy while others were fascinated by her mere appearance.

The eyes of the men held admiration for her which Tristian noticed, he was so jealous of how other men kept staring at what was his.

She's so enchanting, one of the female employees said to her friends who nodded in agreement while others snorted in disgust as they walked out of the meeting room leaving their boss, his assistant, and the young woman behind.

"You're just jealous of her because the boss seems to like her," someone said blatantly.

"Who's jealous of that ugly duckling Anna?" the young woman who was underdressed and sat beside Tristian asked in disgust.

"You of course Rose," Anna replied mockingly earning herself, a hard glare from Rose while others laughed at how blatantly Anna had pointed her out.

Tristian sat beside Scarlett quietly, he didn't want to disturb her sleep, he thought for a while before picking her up bridal style and walking out of the meeting room with his assistant in tow.

He went to the room in his office and laid her on the soft bed gently, he took off her heels, untied her ponytail, and covered her with a blanket. He also didn't forget to adjust the AC before walking out.

"Sir is she the one..?" his assistant asked as soon as he closed the door behind him.

"Yes she is," Tristian replied with a slight smile.

"The young masters are surely smart," the assistant thought. The woman was more beautiful than the others Tristian always goes on blind dates with.

The assistant set some documents on the large mahogany table and waltzed out of the office, thanking God that he didn't need to arrange dinner dates for the boss with all those spoilt heiresses and golddiggers.

*Three hours later*

Scarlett woke up and squinted her eyes, she sat up looking around the ash walls of the room in confusion, she saw Tristian's portrait on the wall alongside his sons, she starred at the portraits for a time with a smile before crawling out for bed and exiting the room.

Scarlett closed the door behind her gently instarred at the man working behind his desk, he would occasionally furrow his brows in thought when he found something difficult to understand. His slender fingers kept across the keyboard of his laptop now and then.

Scarlett looked at the clock on the wall facing her with furrowed brows, it alreadlunchtimeme but this man kept working like hshadesbeen possessed without caring about his health.

She shook her head in disbelief while walking towards him, she closed the laptop, crossing her arms under her cleavage with a raised brows.

Tristian looked up to meet the raised brows of Scarlett in confusion. "Why did you do that?" he asked like a confused chick.

"Look at the time, isn't it lunchtime," she stated instead of questioning.

"Um, that, I will eat later, I'm not hungry yet," he replied trying to open his laptop but Scarlett snatched it with a smirk.

"Let's go," she said gesturing towards the door.

"If you don't want to eat then say goodbye to your laptop for the rest of the day," she added turning around.

"Okay fine, you don't have to do that, just leave it here and let's go," he said in defeat making her smile in satisfaction.

"That's more like it," she commented setting the laptop on his desk.

            Sigh🤦 is difficult to be a writer /author, the feeling you get when people just read your books and don't comment or vote is very suffocating, now I'm just thinking 🤔🤔 of taking this book off Wattpad so that I can publish it somewhere else.😒😒 It's like most of my readers don't like this book one person has been voting which is a good thing but one out of many means the rest of you have this book to pass the time😔😔 , no offense though.