Chapter 13

Plans are usually well thought out, with every tiny detail perfected. Especially when you only have once chance. One chance to escape. One chance to fix this. 

This plan is the opposite, no real tactics, relying on hope that we can outsmart a mate bond. 

But we are the Royal Rogues.

We not ordinary rogues, or wolves. 

It might not be enough.

 But now it has to be. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Footsteps clink closer and closer, signalling that it is time.

"Are we doing this?" Kyle questions. We reply with nods or mumbled yeses. 

"Ready?" I ask, we all exchange glances. No going back now.

We all randomly burst out fighting, taking down multiple of the guards. The sound of groans and grunts fill the air. Soon the sound of hurried footsteps joins mixes in within the noises. Rowan shifts into his white wolf with its black right front right paw, I do the same, shifting into my matching wolf. 

I start to follow the plan clearing an exit, I look beside me, expecting to see Kaia, but instead nothing. Quickly I scan the room, locating a lost looking Kaia, frozen in the middle of the room. 

'Shift' I shout through our mind link, she flinches at the loud noise. 

'Shift' I shout again, the plead evident in my voice, she looks over me and I nod at her with reassurance. Finally she shifts - moments before Jason bursts through the door and his face drops in pure horror and hatred. 

Kaia no longer hesitates and instantly rushes over to me. Now side by side, we stand in our wolf forms, which are identical white wolves with their front right paws a jet black.  Perfect. Now their are three identical wolves, or at least they look identical to the pack. This should help confuse Jason and stop him from finding Kaia. Although our matching white wolves gives away our bloodline. But it is a sacrifice we had to make. 

Me and Kaia run through a range of corridors until we burst out a back door and start to sprint towards the woods. We don't make it. We're cut off by an angry looking Jason, who looks between the two of us, trying to figure out which is his mate. 

This could be interesting. But, I have to do the safest and easiest method around this. 

We start to I start walking in one direction, nudging Kaia so she is following me, we start to circle. Hurt becomes visible on Jason's face, the idea his mate wants to fight him impacts him, giving us the upper hand, although we already had it before. For a few minutes we circle, Jason joining in too. 

'On three' I mind link Kaia, she doesn't give any sign of acknowledgement, but I don't need a sign to know she understands.  

'One'  I mind link as release a small growl.

'Two'  I add as I give Kaia a small nod.

'Three' I finish, stopping and starring him straight in the eye. 

'Run' 

We both turn around and flee into the forest. Before we entre the safety of the woods I catch a glimpse Jason looking perplexed.

I swiftly bound through the forest, Kaia at my side, we weave between the tree and jump the ditches and logs, duck underneath the fallen branches. But whatever happens, we don't stop running, and we won't not until we reach where we'll regroup and start part two of the plan. 

The plan we were waiting to do. But now we don't have much of a choice. We've been seen, they know who we are. They'll never stop till they catch us. 

Not unless we stop them first.