Chapter 10

Training. 

Wake up at 6am. Kaia makes breakfast as last time I 'food poisoned' the group. While I wake up the boys, which is quiet the task. None of them like to get up, especially if we have to train as they know it'll be hard. After they finally drag themselves to the kitchen, we all eat. Then the new challenge begins. 

To start with we run a route which circles around the lake and goes a little further into the forest. Me, Rowan and Kaia, with the other five running behind, not able to keep up with us.  We ran this route three of four times without stopping. 

Then we work on hand-to-hand combat. We split into two groups of three and one group of two. Rowan goes with Hunter and Kyle while I go with Match and James. And Kaia goes with Michael. In the groups of three we do one vs two, me and Rowan being on our own. 

We do this for quite some time, trying to perfect strategies. During the time we mixed and matched groups to see how to use it to our advantage. In the end we found some pairs which were able to pin down Rowan or me. 

After, we work on using weapons, then we do group swimming's to help build up strength. This was the routine we followed day after day for the following month. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today has been like any other day, we trained and perfected. Now we're gathered around the table planning the revolution. 

"We should do a surprise attack" Kyle suggests again.

"We should start a riot in the city" James counters.

"Neither is great" Match joins in. The three of them begin to squabble again about which would be the most effective way to achieve our goal and somewhere amongst them Kaia's voice attempts to gain attention.

"SILENCE!" She yells. Everyone stops and faces her, shocked that she was the one commanding them. "How about we start with protests in the street, stirring up some chaos. We demand change. If they ignore, well they got a warning, so we attack" Kaia explains.

"That's not a bad idea" Hunter complaints, "Rowan?"

"Let's do it" Rowan replies, "We'll need a plan of when we'll appear and escape plans. Xya when can you have the routes for the next week?" 

"By tomorrow sundown" I shrug.

"We move out then" Rowan informs us.

Looks like we're going to the heart of the werewolf kingdom... where the Royals live.

Suppose we're having an unexpected family reunion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time I've finished over half of our routes and plans a darkness has taken over the sky outside and everyone has disappeared to their rooms. Except Rowan. Who is standing outside staring into the distance, enjoying the peace of the night.

I slide out of the house and into the night, joining Rowan, I inhale the cold night air as I take my place beside him.

"What do you think will happen?" he asks me.

"Since when have you ever felt fear?" I reply.

"Since everything is going to change. We get this right and we lose Kaia to her mate. We fail and we lose everything. This is telling me I'm not ready for things to change" Rowan sighs.

"No one is. And I'm certainly not. But I can guarantee a few things. We have to do this, for this pack and whatever happens all of us will get through this. And lastly, we could never lose Kaia to her mate. She hates them. Also we're family. Family is forever."