The Western Air Temple

A few days after riding atop Appa, he expectedly got tired and we were pretty much forced to walk the rest of the way to the temple. We trudge along slowly, enervated by the heat of the scorching hot Sun.

"This is humiliating," Katara complained.

"You mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?" Sokka questioned.

"Both," Katara answered monotonously.

"Sorry guys, but Appa gets tired carrying all these people," Aang reasoned, smiling slightly.

"I wonder how the rest of the troops are," Teo mentioned, the only one of us who was rolling along in his wheelchair.

"They're probably on their way to a prison. Seems like my dad just got out and now he's going back in," Haru sighed.

"Well, I'm not usually the most positive person but we should try to think positively," I advised. "Maybe they escaped somehow."

"Well, I'm positive that they were all captured by the Fire Nation," Haru riposted.

I shake my head, forcing myself to forge ahead.

"I miss Pipsqueak," The Duke whined.

"I miss not having blisters on my feet," Sokka added.

We draw near a rocky cliff and Toph stamps her foot, a smile suddenly splitting her features. "Hey, we're here! I can feel it!"

"Uhhh," Katara stares at Toph in confusion. "I think your feet need their eyes checked."

"No, she's right," Aang confirmed. "We are here!"

"Wow...it's amazing!" Toph exclaimed. All of us get back onto Appa, letting him fly us down the cliffs. And just as Toph said, The Western Air Temple was indeed a breathtaking sight, comprising many inverted ancient buildings standing together in a row, all built on the underside of the cliffs somehow. We landed beside a fountain, the natural mist in front of it providing perfect cover for us.

All of us then alight from him, beginning to go our separate ways to explore the temple. Haru, The Duke and Teo dash off to explore a part of the temple and Aang wanted to follow them, but I cleared my throat behind him, catching his attention after remembering something.

Aang runs over to me, examining my features in concern. "What happened, Suzume? Is something wrong? Are you sick?"

I shook my head quickly. "No, Aang, nothing's wrong. We just need to talk about something."

"Is it about what you did to Azula? Look, I forgiv-"

"No," I cut him off, shaking my head and trying to prevent the memories of the incident from flooding in. "We need to decide what we're gonna do now, after all, that's happened so far. And I think we'll need to call Katara, Sokka and Toph since they are travelling with us."

"Fair enough," Aang nodded. We round up Katara, Sokka and Toph, finding an area with four rocks facing each other oppositely that we could use as seats. We all take our seats on each rock, with Aang and I sharing and sitting together on the same rock.

Aang looks around our group for suggestions. "So, what's the new plan?"

"Well, if you ask me, the new plan is the old plan!" Sokka proposed. "Both you and Suzume just need to master all four elements and confront the Fire Lord before the comet comes."

"Sounds fine to me," I shrugged.

"Oh, yeah. Sounds great, no problem. We'll just do that," Aang countered sarcastically.