Three

Isaac already felt like he'd lost brain cells today and he hasn't even been to first period yet. He woke up to his alarm late so he had to rush, then he found out his phone wasn't fully charged because he forgot to plug it in before falling asleep so it was at 68. He had to find a car charger before leaving so he was running late still even though he had gotten ready in record time. Then when he got to school he had to search for an open parking space.

He went to his locker hoping that he had a water bottle from practice or something in there because he needed to drink something. However when he opened the cold metal door and searched the rectangular box he was disappointed to be met with no sight of a bottle.

"Yo, Zack." Dagger grinned and patted his friend on the shoulder. Isaac looked over and met the boy's eyes with a grin of his own. Leave it to Dagger to swoop in and brighten up the morning.

"Hey, what's up?"

"We're hanging out at mine after practice today, wanna come?"

It was Wednesday so since coaches took into consideration that some of their team attended church that night they let practice out at a normal time. Which meant all athletic kids that didn't attend church got a bit more free time than usual and that often lead to hangouts.

Isaac smiled at his friend and nodded. "Sure, I'll be there."

"Alright!" Dagger cheered happily and patted Zack's shoulder before walking off and up to another group of kids to invite them.

When hanging out at Dagger's it always promised to be interesting because of the wide variety of people he hung out with. There were only a few kids who consistently invited people over and out of them Dagger was the only one who didn't have a set list of people you knew were gonna be there. He was more of a wild card.

Dagger had a care free nature and just went with the flow so he got along and made friend with all kinds of people. He could blend into many social groups and was welcome around nearly anyone. So that meant when hanging around his house you never knew who else was going to be there.

Isaac loved that. He got along with his teammates perfectly fine and didn't have any major issues with anyone but it was nice to mix it up sometimes. He got tired of only talking about gossip and drinking games.

The bell rang and Zack mumbled a curse under his breath as he rushed off to his first hour class. The teacher glared at him as he entered.

"You're late Mr Johnson."

"I know, I'm sorry." It was under five minutes so he knew she wouldn't send him to get a slip but she would glare. He found his seat in the second row, next to Mason who smiled over at him.

"You're late Mr Johnson." Mason mocked Ms Jenson in a high pitch voice. They both laughed.

No more conversation was held as the old teacher cleared her throat and started talking. They both quieted and listened to her talk about the lesson she would be assigning.

●○●○●

Practice let out about ten minutes after the final bell rang. Zack laughed at a joke Ki had made as he made his way to the parking lot with a group of his friends.

Dagger walked over, carrying himself with a confidence that only someone like him could have. He slung his arm over Zack and Andrew's shoulders, joining their group of four. Jace and Ki smiled widely at the while Andrew tried to shrug off his arm. When it came off the taller boy's shoulder Dagger just patted his arm and kept walking, keeping his other arm around Isaac.

"You lot all comin' by?" The chipper boy asked. The four nodded. "Alright cool."

He patted Zack's chest before retracting his arm from around his shoulders and starting in the direction of his car. A sophomore and a freshman were standing there, both basketball players, probably catching a ride with him since they couldn't drive yet.