Media Coverage

Chapter Two | Media Coverage

Michael felt like since announcing his engagement he has been dealing with some grievances.

He barely had privacy, paparazzi were following him more than ever before and parking outside of his neighborhood or anywhere he was.

He hired security for Oriana, who had the scariest run in with paparazzi at her office which sent Michael over the edge. Oriana had to spend the whole afternoon calming him down after the accident. Michael issued a warning that if a situation like that ever happens again with the paparazzi and Oriana, he would sue them.

Then the blogs were spinning fake news or digging a little too much for personal information about Michael and Oriana and even so-called friends were spilling false information. The biggest shocker was Lori throwing shade at Michael and Oriana on her Instagram story which the blogs reposted.

Oriana overlooked it because she knew Lori wasn't about it and would only hide her hands if confronted. Michael was relieved that Oriana didn't feed into it and texted Lori and told her to chill because he knew Oriana would destroy Lori.

"You don't have to warn her ass about me," Oriana told Michael as she looked over his shoulder at his message thread with Lori. "She should know better like she's in a whole relationship throwing shade at what we have going on," Oriana said.

Michael placed his phone down and looked at Oriana.

"I just don't want you to go 305 on her ass if she keeps throwing shade," Michael said.

"I won't because people like her will throw shade on you for doing something they secretly wish they could be in the position to do," Oriana said.

"Preach," Michael said.

Oriana rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, umm... Lose her number," Oriana said.

Michael nods.

"Yes, ma'am," Michael said as he immediately blocks and deletes Lori's phone number.

Oriana turns around to walk away when Michael reaches out and smacks her on the ass. Oriana reaches out to hit him, but Michael catches her and pulls her over the couch causing her to land on his lap, and kiss her.

"You're so bossy," Michael said after the kiss.

Oriana tries to get off of Michael's lap but Michael proves to be too strong for her. "I'm not bossy, I just don't want her to use still being in contact with you against you in the future," Oriana told him.

"Oh, you're so smart, Mrs. Jordan," Michael said.

"Oh, that sounds nice, but I'm hyphening my last name," Oriana said.

"So, Mrs. Edinburgh-Jordan," Michael said.

Michael smiles widely. Oriana stares at his perfect white teeth and smirked. Michael winks at her. She placed her arms around his neck.

"You know our parents are throwing us an engagement party," Oriana told him.

Michael nods his head slowly.

"Do you know the theme of our engagement party?" Oriana asked him.

Michael shook his head no.

"It has a theme?" Michael replied as confusion lines his face.

"Yes, it's a 1920s Cotton Club-themed party," Oriana told him.

Michael laughs softly.

"That was definitely your mom's idea," Michael said as he ran his hand up her back.