𝘴𝘪𝘹

The Christmas Spirit

ALEXANDRIA NEVER ENJOYED Christmas

ALEXANDRIA NEVER ENJOYED Christmas. Her first eight were filled with trauma and coal. The only time she got gifts were from her Abuela. Christmas had never been that great anyways. It was all a social construct. She watched old holiday classics with her Abuela and opened presents like everyone else.

Ginny, somehow, got all of MANG plus Alexandria involved with some charity thing her mom's doing. It was for kids, so Alex did it regardless. Marcus hovered around her for the most part, but she was busy almost the whole time.

"Is everyone enjoying themselves?" Georgia asked the large crowd, all residents of Wellsbury of course. Marcus wrapped his arm around Alex's waist as they all tuned into the Miller woman's speech. "Wellsbury has some of the most generous and giving folks I've ever met. And that's apparent today."

The crowd cheered for the kind southern woman before them. She was dressed in a Mrs Clause gown and, of course, the beautiful woman pulled it off, as always.

"I brought a surprise guest all the way from the North Pole," Georgia announced to everyone, but more specifically the kids that were there. "It's Santa Clause!"

The crowd all cheered as mayor Randolph, also Alex's father, came out clad in a Santa suit and a very fake looking beard. Alexandria chuckled and searched for her Abuela in the crowd. She was probably with Eliza or something. Her new sister, apparently.

"I have taken a break from making toys to come help your mayor. Do you guys like that?" Paul asked the crowd and once again everyone cheered excitedly. "Well, if you have any wishes for Wellsbury, please come say hi to me, and I will do my best to pass it on to your mayor Randolph— Oops. Mayor Randolph! Happy holidays!"

Alexandria clapped for the man with a smile on her face, catching his eye. He smiled at her, but she didn't seem to notice, turning to Marcus who seemed unimpressed.

"Isn't this cute for the kids?" Alexandria asked him and he shrugged. He seemed to be in a mood, like, all day. She wanted to ask what was wrong, but she didn't want to spoil his whole mood, so she waited.

"I think I'm gonna go, Al," Marcus told her as they began to walk back to the face painting table. Alex furrowed her eyebrows, looking up into his eyes.

"What's wrong?" she asked, concerned for the boy. He'd been in a funk all week. He's always been moody, but now he just seemed borderline sad.

"Nothing, Al. Don't worry about me, have fun," Marcus told her before bending down to her level and placing a sweet kiss on her cheek due to the amount of kids lurking around who would witness it.

Alexandria laughed as Max jumped at him, making him flinch away. Max smiled at her as she now approached Alex.

"He must really love you. This is so not his thing." Maxine told Alexandria as they walked back to the face painting area once again after the many times they already have.