26

Follow me for updates!

Elijah's POV

"Are you stupid, what the fuck did you do?"

Eli had never seen Porter yell until he had dragged him into the apartment and shoved him into the wall.

Eli shoved him back, suddenly angry when he had already had a bad day, "What do you mean?" He said quietly.

Porter pointed at the mark on his throat, "Judging from the fact that Carter has been home all day according to Della, I know she didn't do that to you, so what the fuck did you do?"

Eli paused, feeling a flash of guilt before the entitlement came back, "Why does it matter? I'm single, I can fuck whoever I want to fuck."

Porter let out a sound of indignation, "you ruined everything," he said, looking at Eli with a sense of disappointment that reached Eli to his toes.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Eli pushed Porter away from him, storming towards his room.

"She likes you, idiot," Porter said. Eli stopped abruptly and turned around, "what?"

"Carter. She likes you. And I know you're fucking obsessed with her so let me ask again, what the fuck did you do?"

Eli let out a bitter laugh, making Porter flinch at the strange sound.

"She doesn't like me, and I sure as hell don't like her," he said through his teeth.

"You love her. I know you. I know you do," Porter said, his tone calmer now that he saw the hidden distress in his best friend.

"I can't love anyone, I don't know how," Eli looked away sharply.

"Yes, you do Eli. You're not fucking broken so stop acting like it," Porter sighed.

"Your mom fucked up but that doesn't make you fucked up. You love me, and you love Del and you love the people who raised you and loved you back," he emphasized.

Eli avoids eye contact, feeling a familiar hot feeling building up in his chest at the mention of his mom.

He stayed quiet before he looked back at Porter.

"Well, it doesn't fucking matter even if I did like her, Carter is with someone else. I'm nothing," he slammed the door behind his room the second he got there.

He didn't expect Porter to barge in after him. "Who told you that?"

"No one. I went to see her and Ryder, or whatever the fuck his name is was there," he explained.

Porter looked confused, "but she's literally into you," he said, thinking out loud.

"She is not into me, I would notice," Eli said, denying it. How could she be into him and have another guy at her place?

Porter nodded, leaving Eli to his own devices and leaning back on his door outside his room.

He opened the front door to let Carter in, but all he found were her cupcakes on the doorstep.

He flopped back on the couch, FaceTiming Della to tell her everything that went down with their friends.