Saturday, September 8, 2007

Valerie

It's a very pleasant evening. There is a lot of laughter. I'm also glad that Melissa seems to be completely at ease now, after a bit of a nervous start. Which I do understand. Being confronted unannounced by my sister and mother, who is also the principal of the school. I'll just give it to you. I should have prepared her for it, of course, but it had completely forgotten. "I really need a bathroom break". When Melissa says it, she also stands up. "She really is a cutie. You have my blessing Val". Melissa hasn't even left the kitchen when Chloe says so. I look angrily at my mother. "I didn't say anything, Val ". My sister starts laughing. "That was not necessary mom. Val, you're getting a beautiful bunch of roses. That could indeed have been as a thank you, but then it wouldn't have been six roses. You and I both know what that means. I think Melissa knows about that too. What it really gives away is how you look at each other and how you treat each other. And this table is made of glass, in case you didn't know." I feel my head turning red. Which makes my sister and mother laugh out loud. I hadn't thought about that. I've had my hand on Melissa's thigh all night. She also held my hand regularly.

" What have I missed. I want to laugh too". Why did she have to be back so soon? I look at my sister begging that she shut up. Melissa is now sitting next to me again. "We talked about you being a nice couple". Of course Chloe can't keep her mouth shut. Melissa looks at me in shock. I give her a kiss on her forehead. " It's okay. Don't worry about it". She gives me a small uncertain nod. "Melissa? ". Melissa looks at my mother. "I fully support it. As long as no one finds out at school". I see Melissa's face getting even redder. "Okay whose turn was it". She says nervously. I get up and take Melissa's hand. " We will be right back ".

I take Melissa into the living room. "I'm sorry I didn't cause any problems now, did I? ". I shake my head and give her a hug. "On Monday I asked my mother if she had a problem with me taking you in. Which is clearly not the case. I also told her then that I have feelings for you, but apparently she already knew that ". I say with a small smile. "Chloe didn't know it yet, but she could tell by looking at us. And judging by her reaction, she has no problem with it either ". I can see the relief in Melissa. " Okay good. Who else knows about it? ". I shrug. "Emma probably realizes it too. Other than that nobody knows as far as I know". She nods. " Emma indeed knows it too ". I give her a smile. "Then we don't have to be on our guard with them, but we do have to be careful. It must not be known to anyone else". She gives me a hug. "I would never do that to you. Now it is time to continue playing. I'm almost winning the game". With a big smile on our face we go back to the kitchen. Fortunately, the tension is completely gone. Although that's not quite the case. The tension of the game is sensible.

My mom just went out for a smoke. Melissa went with her. She wanted to give me some time with my sister, which I appreciate. "Do you really like her? ". Chloe nods. " The first impression is very good. She's a sweetheart and she cares about you a lot. I can already see that. She has humor and geez she really is smart". she says laughing. I can laugh about it too. "That there is nothing wrong with her knowledge, she has shown that tonight ". Chloe looks at me seriously. "You really like her a lot, don't you? ". I nod. " Ever since I've known her and it's only gotten more and more. I really can't explain in words how I feel about her". Chloe has a smile on her face. "My little sister is in love". I feel myself blushing. "But I can't do much with it yet ". She looks at me questioningly. "Melissa is not eighteen yet". Chloe looks a bit surprised and nods in understanding. "Okay, I had estimated her a bit older. How old is she? ". "In three months she will be eighteen". She laughs. "Oh, that's still manageable, isn't it? ". I shrug. "Do you know how hard that is". "Can't you go a few months without sex? ". I sigh. "I can really do without that for a few more months". She looks at me questioningly. " Then what is the problem? ". "You just try not to kiss someone you absolutely adore and spend almost all day with". Chloe looks at me in surprise. "Oh not even that". I shake my head. "No not that either". She nods in understanding. "Now I feel your pain". She says laughing. "So nothing has happened between you yet? ". I shake my head. "When I see you together like this I would have expected something to have happened". I sigh. " More than hugging and holding back has not happened yet. But don't you think it's weird to see me with a woman? ". She shakes her head. "I already knew that you like women. You always looked at women and I also know what you were up to with Charlotte". I feel my head turning red. "What do you mean what I did with Charlotte? ". She starts laughing loudly. "You weren't always quiet". I put my hands in front of my face. "Why didn't you ever say that before? ". She shrugs. " Why would I? I know what situation you were in and couldn't change anything". she says seriously. "Thank you and that is now happily behind me". She gives me a nod. " Indeed. Now is the time to be yourself and do what makes you happy." I walk over to her and give her a hug. " I love you ". "I love you too, Val".