Chapter 31 - Agent N

- one year later -

It has been one year since I've become the new director of IAA.

There has been a drastic improvement in the rebuilding of the organization. The interior has been completely remodelled and I made sure that every agent had a digital bracelet - that can only be taken off with a custom key - to go in and out of the building.

All the families of the 254 deceased agents have been compensated for damages and I made sure that they had an honorable funeral.

And we also went public.

IAA is known as ISA to the public.

International Security Association. A security firm.   As for the five departments I proposed, I'm currently in the Bureau with the five lieutenants which were newly assigned seven months ago.

"I'm telling you Director N. Having sniping and combat training together doesn't work. Some people are meant to work as snipers and some aren't meant to hold a f*cking gun" Ricardo - the lieutenant for sniping - said.

"Every agent needs to have at least some type of training if something goes wrong in the field, dumbass. How would they survive if they get caught?" Chelsey - the lieutenant for combat - commented back, rolling her eyes.

I just looked left and right as they bickered with each other. I swung my chair from side to side as I was playing with a pen that was on the table. I sighed and dropped the pen. The lieutenants stopped bickering and looked at me.

"Look Ricardo, I agree with Chelsey..." I said as Chelsey immediately raised her eyebrows at Ricardo with a smirk. "...however, this shouldn't be a reason for you guys not to work together. The joint training is only for two weeks and you're already having issues two days in? Like what, are you guys having a lovers' quarrel or something?" I looked at both of them, and they kept quiet. I pursed my lips and rolled my eyes.

"You guys should figure out your sh*t and not bring it during training. If you can't solve the problem by today, I'll ban office dating immediately" I said with a serious tone. Ricardo scowled and looked at me.

"Wait, you can't do that" Chelsey whined.

"Oh, yes I can. So figure your sh*t out before I do it tomorrow, okay?" They both looked at each other and rolled their eyes.

"You have one day" I warned them again. My eyes landed on Pierre - the lieutenant of the data information department - as he was sitting with a briefcase in front of him.

"So Pierre, what do you have for me?" He nodded and stood up. He walked with the briefcase and put it in front of me. He opened it and revealed a small box. He took out the box and opened it. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw what was inside. I leaned forward to get a better look.

"Lenses?" I said and looked back at Pierre.

"Yes, not just any lenses. They are Bionic Eye Contact lenses with built-in scanners. They should basically be able to scan someone's heartbeat and feelings. It should be useful during interrogation" he said while fixing his glasses.

"Interesting" I said impressed.

"Yes, want to try it out?" He asked getting ready to give them to me.

"Sure" I said shrugging. He nodded and handed me the box. He took out a mirror from the briefcase and hovered it in front of me. I leaned in as I put on the lenses while looking at the mirror and quickly blinked.

"Okay, this is currently just a prototype. So we're not sure if it works 100% yet. You're technically the first person to ever try them on" I nodded and looked around the room.