Chapter 19 - Mind Games

"Spread out!" Igor yelled. We split and ran to the side as the men began to shoot at us.

Thankfully, the falling red powder was somewhat covering us. I ran towards the masked man in the front and shot him in the head. And then I slid on the floor between two men and shot them, one after the other.

Then all of sudden, all of the men were being shot at. I looked behind them and saw that it was one of the teams that took one of the other entrances.

"Go!" One of the members said to us.

We didn't hesitate to run towards the hallway as the other team took care of the remaining men. We jogged in the hallway and surprisingly, it was also empty. There was only a red elevator door at the end.

As we were nearing the end, I noticed a slight shine speeding towards us. Not exactly knowing what it is, I warned the guys.

"Duck!" I quickly crouched on the floor and heard some of them duck behind me. But then, something thud on the ground as something liquid splattered on my back. I slighlty flinched when the liquid substance made contact with the back of my neck.

I quickly looked behind me and it was a half-decapitated body of one of our team members. His head was sliced from his forehead to his nose bridge. You could see that he was mid-duck. He was on his knees as he slowly hit the floor, making more blood splatter on us as parts of his brain started to gush out.

"What the f*ck?" said Giuseppe. We all stood still. I looked up and saw a silicon nylon.

"Those f*ckers. Of course this hallway was empty" I said pissed. Igor looked at the body of his man. He clenched his jaw and looked at us.

"Let's go" He gritted. We all stood up carefully and jogged to the elevator.

I clicked on the button and the door opened immediately. We walked inside and I saw that there were two buttons for two floors. I clicked on both. The door closed and I took a deep breath. I looked behind me and looked at Zeke that was in the back.

"How much time left?" I asked him and he looked at his watch. He closed his eyes and sighed.

"Ten f*cking minutes" He said helplessly.

F*ck.

That's not enough time.

"We'll make it" I said to him reassuringly.

But it was obvious that I was also unsure. As the elevator started to go down, pop music started to play.

"*scoff* This is f*cked up" Mattia voiced.

After a few seconds, the elevator stopped on floor 2 as we heard a ping. I stepped to the back as Team B stepped in the front.

I stood next to Zeke as the guys in front of us raised their guns at the door. The door opened and a swarm of masked men were running towards the elevator. The guys ran out of the elevator with guns blazing.

I stepped forward and also shot some men from afar while the elevator door was closing. The door closed and only Zeke and I were left in the elevator.

It was silent, only the noise of the elevator going down was present. The time to go down was oddly longer than the previous floor. Zeke kept gripping his gun from impatience. Then the elevator finally stopped and the door opened.

We quickly raised our guns while walking outside. I roamed around the big white room from every angle, but there was nobody here.

"There's no one here-" I said to Zeke. A screeching sound interrupted me.