𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

❝time wasn't in our favorthis isn't goodbyethis is simply see you later

time wasn't in our favor
this isn't goodbye
this is simply see you later.
let me know when it's time to come back.

- SEE YOU LATER. jenna raine.

 jenna raine

CAROLINE BARNES WAS SITTING at a small, round wooden table reading a book when Charlie Dalton came back from military school

Her father had sent her to an all girls boarding school after she got expelled from Welton, deciding that being around boys could only result in trouble. She had been there for two years, but she had never forgotten about the boy by the name of Nuwanda. 

"Caroline," Emma, her best friend that she had made at that school, called excitedly as she rushed into the room. "There's someone outside for you!"

"For me? Are you sure?" she questioned, furrowing her eyebrows. She knew a very small amount of people, and no one that she could think of would come visit her. 

Emma nodded with a surprising enthusiasm, rushing over to the window to look at the visitor once again. She turned back with a smirk. "Yes, I'm sure, and he is very cute."

"He?" Caroline asked. Now that was even more shocking. She joined her friend at the window and peered down at the courtyard. When she saw who was waiting for her, she froze, scared that if she moved, she might wake up from the dream. "Oh, my God."

Charlie.

He was standing on the grass, pacing anxiously back and forth as he waited for her to come down. He was dressed in a suit, which was very formal for him.

"Who is it?" Emma exclaimed, but her friend was already out the door. 

The Barnes flew down the stairs and past the other girls' wondering gazes. She couldn't believe what she saw, and she needed to touch him to make sure that she wasn't dreaming. 

She ran to the front door of the school, which was usually guarded, but today was an off day. So, people were going in and out a lot. She threw open the doors, and paused when she saw the boy again. His back was to her, but as soon as he heard her laugh, he spun around.

A huge grin was plastered on his face, replacing the nervous expression from before. She wasted no time in sprinting across the field and leaping into his arms. She held him tight against her chest.

She pulled away from the hug far enough to slam her lips against his. His hands travelled from her waist up to her cheeks, and hers were in his hair as she smiled against his lips.

She hadn't even noticed the four boys approaching behind her until Charlie acknowledged them. She turned around to see who he was looking at and smiled. Knox, Meeks, Pitts, and Todd were standing in a line. She was quick to wrap her arms around the Overstreet before moving down the line, hugging each of the boys. "I can't believe you're here. What are those?"

She had just noticed that each of them were holding two pieces of paper. She furrowed her eyebrows, but they were all staring at Charlie, who slowly nodded at them. 

Caroline gasped as they each help up their papers to spell out two words — Marry Me?
She whipped around to the Dalton boy who was now on one knee with a ring in his hand. Her brain was moving a mile a minute with all sorts of questions and thoughts, and the only thing she could manage to do was nod.

"Really?" he asked, in disbelief that she just accepted. After all that time, he had expected her to move on, but here she was. 

"Yes," she insisted, and the boy slid the ring on her finger quickly, as if he thought she was about to change her mind. He stood up, and she threw her arms around him. "Oh, my God. Yes, yes, yes."

And finally, Caroline got the happily ever after she was waiting for.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

i'm really sorry if this seemed rushed or bad or anything, but i just wanted to get this out. we're done. this is the end of only you.

thank you so much for all of your support on this story. i can't believe that it's over, and i am going to miss you all. i am planning to release more stories in the new year, and i hope you guys go read those. if you don't, that's okay. i'll love you anyway.

i love y'all so much, and i guess this is goodbye. BYEEEEE!!!!!

- Lena