christmas time, one shot

CHRISTMAS TIME,
ONE SHOT

CHRISTMAS TIME, ONE SHOT

"You have to stop breaking the lights, Bee! In case you haven't realized, I don't exactly have the highest paying job," Peter calls as he watches his flatmate shatter the lights on the Christmas Tree

"This time it was an accident, I promise. I didn't even mean to use my magic," Isabella yells as she sweep up the glass that's all over the floor. It's been a bit of a habit over the past month, sometimes on purpose and other times due to being overwhelmed.

The man rolls his eyes, cutting the turkey in their small kitchen. There is only enough room for one of them at a time, meaning this year Peter is on cooking duty and next year it'll be her turn. She had bought dessert though, some Christmas pudding from the shops so that they didn't have to rush around to make anything.

Waving her hand about slowly, Isabella collects up the remainder of the glass and levitates it over to the bin in the corner of the room. "There, all clean. Now, Ellie will be here in ten minutes with the wine,"

"Wine? She's not even old enough to drink yet," Peter responds, raising his eyebrows.

"Okay, dad. She's taking some from home," Isabella speaks, flicking the radio on and cringing slightly when the Christmas carols start to echo around the room. Ellie has been playing them nonstop for weeks now, Michael Bublè being her absolute favourite. "I hate carols so much,"

"Well, after today you don't have to hear them at all anymore until next December,"

"Thank goodness for that. I think we should put some sort of ban on them. Christmas would be so much better,"

"Okay grinch,"

Isabella pulls a face at him, throwing one of the couch pillows at him which he manages to catch quite easily. Sometimes she wishes he didn't have his stupid 'Spidey sense', then she'd actually be able to hit him with the pillow.