epilogue, part one

EPILOGUE PART I
The happy ending

THE FLICKERING CANDLES BEFORE HER are a sign that her magic is feeling a little more unstable than usual

THE FLICKERING CANDLES BEFORE HER are a sign that her magic is feeling a little more unstable than usual. It gets this way when she's anxious, it's nothing out of the ordinary for her but she can't have it happening today.

She sighs quietly before waving her hand, effectively extinguishing the flames. Tapping her fingers against the table, the girl bites her lip so hard that it almost bleeds, not able to stop her gentle shakes.

"You should probably calm down a little over there,"

Isabella sends a glare the man's way, obviously not impressed by his words. Peter gives her his signature smile, not bothered in the slightest by the threatening gaze.

She's been staying with him recently, more so because she's afraid to hurt her mother. The woman had actually been rather understanding about it, knowing that Peter would be able to help her better if something happened. Whilst she had been given a pass for her previous actions, there is no real way of knowing if they will happen again – they know nothing about the magic that's been put on this necklace.

The arrival of her, Max and Doctor Connors hadn't exactly been welcomed with open arms. Sure, they're all 'cured' now but their actions of the past are not forgotten. Isabella still sees people give her fearful looks when she walks down the street and whilst it hurts, she understands it. She did try to kill Spider-Man and everything.

"Bee, it's just a date. If you don't like her, you don't have to see her again. There is no obligation there," Peter speaks, now a little kinder with his tone when he sees the light flickering above his head.

"That's the problem, I do really like her. What if she thinks I'm a freak?" Isabella states, throwing her head back with a groan.

Isabella had met her date, Ellie, in one of her College classes. She was incredibly sweet, the only person who actually approached Isabella on that first day and actually stuck around to see what she was like. There was almost an instant connection, one that Isabella appreciates so very much.

"She's stuck around this long, Bella. She obviously likes you if she said yes to going on this date with you. Now, in my experience–" Peter starts only to be cut off by a scoff.

"In your experience? You mean Gwen? She told me you stared a lot. I know not to do that," Isabella smiles and he looks almost insulted.

"Okay, ouch. Anyway, just be yourself and it will be fine,"

The brunette hums softly, concentrating on the candles in front of her once again. This is a way she's found in order to keep her magic in control, so she always has candles around in case. Today she's had to use them quite a lot.