The note

Camden called me, Harper, and Linden into his office to discuss something

I knock on the door and when I hear him say we can go in I open the door and we go and sit in front of his desk.

"Firstly, I wanted to let you know that we all will be out of town for a few days. We have a few things to settle and we're taking Sebastian and Francis with us. You'll be here and so will Halston." He informs us and we just nod.

He clears his throat and sits up a little straighter. 

"I wanted to ask you guys something." He says and I notice Linden and Harper looking at each other.

"How would you feel about changing your last name to Tames?" He asks cautiously.

Linden and Harper both turn to look at me.

It's my decision.

I look at them and give them the best reassuring smile I can.

"Change their name to Tames." I say softly, still looking at them.

"What about you?" Linden asks me, confused.

"Don't worry about me buddy." I tell him and turn back to face a disappointed looking Camden.

"Change their names. Just theirs." I say with my eyes turning glossy.

Before he can really notice that I'm about to cry I stand up and walk out of the office.

Once I'm outside the door and it's closed I put my hand over my mouth and silently sob into it.

"Lex?" I turn and see Everett looking at me with concern.

I turn back around and use my shirt to wipe my eyes and stop crying.

"I'm fine." I say and speed walk out of there and into my bedroom.

He follows me though and walks into my room, even when I tried to slam the door in his face he caught it.

"Leave me alone Everett." I say as I sit on my bed, facing the window.

"Why are you crying?" He asks me and I feel a dip next to me on my bed.

"Because I asked if we could change her name." I hear Camden's voice and then see him standing in front of me, leaning against the wall by the window.

"It's not that." I say, not wanting him to feel bad.

"Then what is it?" Everett asks.

"Ugh you guys are infuriating!" I snap and start walking towards my door.

"Alexia Fields you do not yell at us." Camden scolds me.

"If you leave this room you are grounded." Everett tells me but I ignore him.

I go up to the library and close the door so no one will come in. (Hopefully)

I go over to a lose floorboard and pull out a bag of nicknacks I hid in there.