Office

I'm in my office doing paperwork when I get a call from the middle school

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hello, is this Camden Tames?" I hear a voice ask through the line.

"Yes."

"Your brother Linden is in the principals office. We need someone to come pick him up."

This takes me off guard. I haven't even talked to him in days. He didn't seem like the type to get in trouble.

"And why is that?" I ask them.

"He punched a kid in the face. Broke the poor boys nose."

I sigh and shake my head. "I'll come get him."

I drive down to the school and walk to the office.

I see Linden sitting in a chair in front of the principal while the old man lectures him.

"I suggest you stop yelling at my brother before I remove your vocal cords." I say firmly, making the principal stop.

I made sure Linden wasn't listening before I spoke. It's easy to tell when someone is zoned out.

"Sorry." The principal says to me.

"You better be." I tell him.

"Linden." I say and he snaps out of it, turning to me.

I wave my hand to the door and he nods, following me out.

I get in the car and he sits in the back, taking out a book and reading.

Once we get home he goes to walk to his room but I put my hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"Follow me to my office." I say, firmer than I intended.

We go up the stairs and to my office, sitting at my desk.

He's in front of my desk while I click through a few folders on my computer.

I turn it off and look towards him but after a few seconds of him not noticing me I gently remove the book from his hand and put it next to my computer.

"What happened today?" I ask and he looks down.

Shit, stop being scary Camden.