We have met

I pass Francis and Sebastian in the halls, noticing  they're more on edge than usual

I pass Francis and Sebastian in the halls, noticing they're more on edge than usual.

I smile, knowing that was my doing.

I notice more people, who work with them, are on high alert.

I'm passing by Francis when he turns and looks at me.

Shit.

"Who are you?" He asks me.

Even though I look a lot like my mother, I share quite a few features with Victor.

"Alexia." I state vaguely.

He rolls his eyes. "What's your last name?"

"None of your business." He seems angry by my words.

"Gosh you're insufferable." I mutter under my breath, still making sure he hears me though. "My last name is Smith."

He nods and walks away.

Rude.

Francis is Victors youngest, If you're not counting me.

He's 17 along with his twin Sebastian. They're a grade above me, given their birthdays, but I've seen them around the school for years now.

Mom didn't want to move back here but my grandma got sick and needed help.

I never thought my mom would die the same day as my grandma.

I tense when I see three familiar men in the principles office, looking at the computer.

Camden, Everett, and Tyler.

I find an empty classroom and use my phone to hack into the principles computer to see what they're doing.

They're searching the student files, trying to find me.

Luckily my name in there is Alexia Smith and it says my mother is Hannah Smith.

Not the most secure fake name but my mom was the one who chose it, not me.

Knowing it's not that great of a cover, I use my phone to shut down the computer.

I let the words flash across the computer screen.

It won't be that easy, brothers.

I scoff when I use the word brothers but I know they'll be able to tell it's sarcastic.