Chapter XIX

"King Kong: The Eighth Wonder of Remnant"

The name wasn't meant to spread throughout Beacon Academy, but it was only a matter of time before everyone in Beacon was talking about King Kong.

What was King Kong? Was it an animal? Was it a Grimm?

The only information they discovered about King Kong was that it was, "Doctor Oobleck's Giant Monster".

Dr. Oobleck didn't let this new attention get to his head. He had brought the beast to Vale so he could be studied, not for the lien. At this very moment, a preserve was being built to give him his own home. Oobleck knew he could become rich if he put the beast on display, but that was not why he had done this. This was not for financial gain. This was for those who died on that island. It was for scientific discovery.

It had taken a lot of convincing to get Professor Ozpin on his side. He had expected as much. Not only had he gone completely against his orders, but he had brought a dangerous beast home with him. It took a lot to finally sell Ozpin on the idea of keeping the beast in captivity.

Despite their best efforts to keep it secret, word had begun to spread through the academy, and now he received many questions as to what King Kong was. He didn't want to answer, but he knew, sooner or later, he would have to let the truth come out.

So why not give them a show?

A crowd of students were making their way into Beacon Academy's assembly area. It took the form of a glass-domed amphitheater with raised bleachers arranged in a circle around a circular stage, that had a tall, ornate backdrop with blue lights. There was also a large, open area in front of the stage where students could stand.

On the stage was a large curtain, which was draped over some sort of massive box.

Team RWBY stood off stage. They were all very different from the Huntresses they were on the island.

Ruby wore a short, red, sleeveless dress with a thick black sash around the waist and black trim along the bottom. The bodice of the dress was split vertically to the sash and laced with black lacing. The yoke of the dress was transparent mesh with an opaque collar and hem, as well as opaque lines connecting the collar to her shoulders. She also wore black stockings and pumps.

Weiss wore a short, white, sleeveless dress with cutouts on both sides of her waist. The yoke of the dress was translucent mesh, and she also wore white pumps.

Blake wore a short, purple, asymmetrical, halter neck dress that was split up the right side, and a black collar. Translucent black mesh covered her shoulders, decolletage, and back, and decorative black swirls covered the left side of the dress and continued up the left strap. The outfit was completed with black pumps, and she wore a teal bow on her head as opposed to her usual black one.

Yang wore a short, white, halter neck dress with a pale gray hem and white pumps.

All four had been changed after the adventure on the island, but none had changed as much as Ruby and Yang.

Ruby had lost some of her child-like innocence along with Crescent Rose and her cape. It was still present, but after all of the horrors she had experienced, and the responsibility she had had to meet, she was now much more before than she used to be.

Yang, on the other hand, was very different from the confident adventurer she used to be. There was no denying the trauma she was going through after her experiences in the hands of the beast. She tried her best to hide it and stay positive, but it still showed itself very clearly. She no longer told her old puns, and she was even hesitant to fight Grimm, as it would bring back memories of the battles she had been in the middle of on that island.