17 | Land Ho!

⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕

"HELP!" you cried, slowly being pushed further down the unstable plank sticking out of the ship and out onto sea.

"Walk. The. Plank! Walk. The. Plank!" they chanted, pointing their swords out so you couldn't get back on the ship.

"I'm innocent!" you yelled while your hands were still tied behind your back.

"That's what a guilty person says!" Young Link countered while giggling.

Young Link, Toon Link, Ness and Lucas were pushing and urging you to go more towards the edge while Nana, Popo and Mega Man stood off to the side. Nana and Popo, at first excited to see someone walk the plank, became unsure when they heard your cries for help, thinking there was a chance you were just a normal person and not a rare enemy. This didn't dissuade the other four who were determined to find the truth, even if they had to watch you fall into the water before helping you out.

Mega Man however, simply stood there with a blank expression, his face untelling of how he was feeling. That was until he looked over at Villager.

Villager laid on the ship's deck peacefully unaware of the chaos occurring around him, sleeping soundly and deep into dreamland. It appeared that he was so deep into his sleep that being shaken by Kapp'n couldn't even wake him up. The shaking soon turned more vigorous before he started to yell into his face but to no avail. It came to a point where Kapp'n gave him a few harsh slaps but still nothing.

Kapp'n looked back and stared at your form teetering on the edge of the plank, so close to falling into the open water. He let go of Villager and ran to the others to stop them from pushing you any further, wanting to protect you from any harm.

With a plop, Villager fell back onto the deck, a sleep bubble forming out his nose. Even through the rough handling earlier, his sleep was still undisturbed — that was until a shadow loomed over his figure.

Mega Man stood over Villager with a bucket in his hands filled with water. He stared at Villager, blinking, before splashing the cold water all over his form.

Immediately, Villager waved his hands around and sat up now fully awake. He wiped off the excess water from his face before staring up at Mega Man. Confused, he looked around to realize he was on a ship. Feeling a strange object on top of his head, he reached up to feel it before discovering it was a pirate hat. Why was he on a pirate ship?

With a poke on his shoulder, Villager looked up to see Mega Man point towards the plank area. Turning in that direction, his eyes popped out of his head in shock to see that the New Arrival was tied up and about to fall into the ocean.

Springing into action, Villager pulled out a Gyroid Lloid and points it in your direction before hopping onto the rocket and launching himself.

"Eek!" you yelped, now on the tip of your toes right on the edge.