15 | Tortimer Island

⊕⊕⊕⊕⊕

Waking up from your little nap, you groggily looked around to see nothing had changed much. Ike was still near the pier, staring into the distance and Link was now under the shade of a palm tree, taking a nap.

Pit however was now in the water, his feet submerged up to his ankles as he stared at the water. He reached down and picked up a seashell, holding it up to his face to examine it more closely before he held it to his ear.

Humming in thought, he waited to see if he could hear the ocean from the shell but instead, he received a painful pinch from the hermit crab living inside.

He yelled out in pain before dropping it into the ocean with a plop. Rubbing his reddened ear in pain, he watched as it crawled away on the ocean floor, but this didn't deter him for he continued to look through the ocean for more shells.

"Hmm, Marth sure is taking a while." His feet splashed through the water as waves lightly splashed against his legs as he continued to find shells.

It wasn't until his eyes landed on a bright blue shell when his eyes lit up in delight. He scooped it before a wave could drag it into the sea and examined it closely before waving in your direction.

Looking over at Pit, who you've been staring at the whole time, you couldn't help but smile at his childish attitude when he trotted over to show you the shell he discovered.

"Check it out!" he gave you the shell to look at. "Careful! There might be a pinching crab in there so don't put it near your ear." he warned.

Taking the shell, you looked it over and noticed it was a Summer shell from Animal Crossing. It was a beautiful ocean blue shell with a wavy pattern.

"Haha, no, hermit crabs don't live in these types of shells. But seeing as this is a summer shell, doesn't that mean it's summertime here?" you asked, caressing the smooth, shiny shell.

"Oh wow, you're really good! How did you know? And yeah, it's always summer here." he answered, taking a seat next to you.

Seeing as Link awoke from his slumber, he glanced at the both of you, also curious as to how you knew. This couldn't be good. How do you explain to them that you knew about the shell from the Animal Crossing video game?

"Oh, I have these shells in my world. Anyway, it's always summer here? Do the seasons ever change in this world?" you nervously asked, looking at Pit.

"They do, but some stage's environments never change, just like Tortimer Island. And you have these in your world? Where are you from? Is your world like Villager's? Why did you fall out of the sky? When did you-" he rambled but you zoned out to think.

So it is Tortimer Island! Then that means the little hut on the other side of the island is the shop. Maybe they have extra clothes?

"Uh Pit? I hate to ask, but there wouldn't happen to be a shirt lying around? Mine is all torn up." you meekly asked, deciding to play oblivious since Link seems to be growing suspicious.