Prologue

The sound of the engine filled her ears.

What should have been a silent night spent in bed was instead wasted searching once more. Or at least, that's how most described the nights she spent doing this.

Yang Xiao Long personally disagreed with all of them.

She skidded to a stop, her thoughts halting for a moment. The sign on the building said, "Junior's". This was the place.

The blonde removed her helmet, and climbed off of her motorcycle, which she had named Bumblebee. She made her way into the club.

She was certainly too young to be going to a club, but she knew for a fact her looks were all the "invitation" she needed.

Yang was a tall, fair-skinned young woman with lilac eyes and bright golden hair that faded into pale gold at the tips with a cowlick sticking out at the top of her head. She wore a tan jacket that bared her midriff, with golden brown piping and short, puffy sleeves with black cuffs that featured two gold buttons. The jacket was unzipped, starting from directly below her breasts. Underneath was a low cut yellow crop top, with her emblem on the left breast in black.

She also wore a brown belt covered by a pleated brown piece of material reaching from hip to hip around the back of her waist, with her emblem emblazoned on the right-most pleat in gold. Underneath this was a long, white, asymmetrical piece of material reaching to her knee on the right side, as well as a pair of tight black spandex compression shorts that reach her upper thighs. She wore a pair of brown, knee-high boots and orange over-the-knee socks, with the right sock pushed down just below the knee. A purple bandanna was tied around her left knee. An orange infinity scarf and black fingerless gloves completed her outfit.

Yang was a Huntress-in-training. Huntsmen and Huntresses were the guardians of Remnant. They protected innocent people from threats. Some of those threats were criminals, but the threat they were always prepared for the most was the Creatures of Grimm. Grimm were monsters without a soul. They were pure evil, and lived to kill anything that possessed a soul.

But Yang was not here for Grimm, or even the criminals she figured were in this building. She was here to ask questions, and get answers.

As she made her way into the club, she could hear a remix of Red Like Roses, her sister's favorite song. Yang was enjoying these people's taste in music already, though she would've been happier to hear I Burn.

As Yang walked, she made sure her hips swayed; her womanly walk, which she had practiced for occasions like this.

Despite her lack of hesitation to walk into a club, Yang had to keep in mind she had never been to one before. The bright lights, the dance floor, the bar off to the side, the DJ stand, the surprising amount of people in the club, all of this was new territory for her.

Yang stepped further into the club, looking left and right for a certain someone. The lights flickered above her, and as interesting an experience as this was for her, she had to admit if she had epilepsy she'd have had a seizure by now.

As soon as the lyrics for Red Like Roses started up, the lights faded red, which Yang had to admit was a nice touch.

Walking around the dance floor, Yang's lilac eyes shifted to the bar, where she finally found her target.

At the bar was Junior Xiong, a man wearing a black vest over a white dress shirt, a red tie, black gloves and black dress pants. He had gray eyes, short black hair, along with a matching beard and mustache. From here, Yang could tell he was tall, standing a full head over her.

He was speaking to a man in a white suit, with a bowler hat covering ginger hair, holding a cane in his hand. The man in the white suit walked away from Junior, allowing him to head for the bar.