Chapter 171 - Prelude to Destruction

Chapter Cover: SkySlayer standing with both of her arms opened as her hair flew behind her as she had a small smile on her lips.

I stared at the girl across me, my eyes wide and unbelieving at the sight in front of me. This was impossible to think about looking at the young woman that was across me. The robes danced lightly in the soft wind that was blowing through the area around us and I stared at her, feeling completely floored at her.

"Sakura…," I whispered.

"I was actually waiting for the Dragons to arrive," Sakura said glancing at the direction of the castle, "and in the chaos that would follow, I will find you and take you down without you even knowing about it but…I guess fate had other plans."

She turned her gaze toward me who was simply shocked into silence at her. I remember back during the time Hellfire had captured me and that man had told me about the person who had send the job request to the dark guilds across Fiore to capture me…then there was the time on the Second Day when she attacked me with that power that could have killed me but if SkySlayer hadn't released my power that day…I would have certainly die…

"Who the hell are you?" I asked narrowing my eyes at her.

Sakura blinked.

"Who am I?" she repeated, "Well…that's an odd question? Can't you see what's right in front of your eyes. I'm Sakura."

"No…you're not," I growled.

Feathers were staring to spin around my body as they were brought into existence around my form. I glared at the girl across me, my fists tightening with feathers spinning around them as well. I could feel my magic growing within me but somehow it didn't feel as powerful as it felt back during the Grand Magic Games which odd was considering that I was fine…

"You're not Sakura because Sakura don't have the eyes of a killer," I told her.

Sakura chuckled.

"Well…time change people," she said.

I stared at her.

"Why have you been trying to kill me?" I said, "I haven't done anything to you nor to anyone else so why are you here?"

"It's not about what you haven't done," Sakura said, "It's what you will do in the future….it's because of what you would become that I am here back in this time on the day you become a full Demon."

BA-DUMP

I feel my eyes widening in shock as I placed my hand upon my heart feeling as if something was ripping through my skin. The magic that I had gathered around me instantly dispersed. I could feel like my veins was on fire and my body had completely engulfed into the worse pain imaginable. I let out a gasp as I gritted my teeth together and feel down upon my knees.

"And also because it's the Day that your Curse is awakened as well," Sakura said.

I grit my teeth, staring at her.

"My...Curse?"

Sakura chuckled.

"All the Demons from the Books of Zeref have a Curse ability of their own," she said, "the Demon Flute Lullaby curse was its Melody of Death. Anyone and anything that hear its song will fall into an endless sleep. Deliora has one as well for whenever he saw life, his Curse compelled him to destroy it from existence."

Suddenly something burned in my left eye and I raised my hand there, yelling out in pain. Against my skin I could feel as if someone had taken a burning tip of a hot coal and was now scaring my skin with it. I could feel it moving through my skin as if it was getting burned there like a symbol upon my eyelids and I didn't know what it was but it…fucking hurt.