A Tinge of Pink, With Floating Rose Petals

Author's Note:

This is the sequel of "It's In the Little Things" which was released together with this chapter.

Happy reading 💕

~~~~~

After an awkward exchange in the corridor, Anya went to Damian's room for what he called a "preliminary activity" before roaming around Eden for inspiration. He also phoned his butler for their dinner. She noticed him getting anxious as she sat on the couch. She again tried to read his mind.

'My room... her output... the stuff... my desk... careful... hide it...!'

'Huh? Is everything alright?' Anya wondered, cutting him off from her mind before he gives her a nosebleed. She decided to munch on the pack of peanuts Bill gave her while waiting when Damian suddenly grabbed it.

"That's Anya's peanuts!" she said. She jumped to take it from above Damian's head.

"You are not eating this- this lowly peanut inside my room!" Damian said in an irritated tone.

"What? It's just peanuts"

"No!"

"I'm not going to leave dirt."

"I said no, Shrimp!"

"Bill gave that to Anya."

"So what?"

Anya pouted. "Anya is just a bit hungry."

Damian felt a little guilty and realized he was overreacting. He sighed.

"F-Fine. But I'll give you something else." He went to his fridge and took a box of chocolate-coated almonds.

"Here. These chocolates have nuts inside called almonds," he explained. Damian took one of the chocolates then bit it in half, showing the almond in the middle.

Anya's eyes sparkled. "Wow! Anya wants the chocolate nuts! Give me one, Sy-on boy!"

"Chocolate-coated almonds. Okay, but put this peanut back in your bag."

Anya gladly obeyed. Damian then handed her the box of almond chocolates.

"That's all yours," he said.

"Thank you, Sy-on boy!"

'Wait, I'm giving a girl a box of chocolates...' Damian felt some heat escape his cheeks.

"D-Don't eat too much, we're having dinner soon," Damian reminded. He watched Anya eat, imagining a squirrel because of her hair-accessories. He was too mesmerized by the cuteness he had to shake his head lightly to stop staring.

After Anya ate and washed her hands, the two began with their activity.

"Alright, Shrimp. You know how this works. I won't tolerate your dozing off."

"Don't worry, Anya is not sleeping."

"Oh, you really shouldn't. Show me your work."

Anya reluctantly handed him her D- outputs. Damian went through the pages, checking her compositions one by one.

"I see. Too simple. Yeah, better vocabulary and must explain things in an interesting or intriguing way," Damian pointed out.

His eyes stopped at one of the pages, forcing himself not to let out a smile as he remarked.

"Like here, you wrote about me, but you don't need to write 'Sy-on boy'. It would be better if it remains a mystery for the reader."

He then saw the line about the punch and snickered.